• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any news on St Richards?

hi julie its apparently a goverment initiative that nhs hosps should have all surgeries done within 18 weeks from being put on list.i hope thats right best wishes;)

I have met the French (?) surgeon and I too cannot remember his name. He is lovely and has been working very closely with Mr Somers since the beginning of the year. I think that all the 'new' surgeons are closed vetted by either the Mr S's to make sure they are very good at what they do (so good news there!).

The 18 week rule is all well and good, but St Richards have had so many referrals it is surely unlikely to happen unless they create more surgeons, theatres and beds to fit everyone in! They seem to be doing their best to get the list down, and have closed their list for the time being to deal with things.

All I can say, is whilst it might take a bit longer, it is well worth the wait to be seen by one of the St Richards team.

They all do private work all over London and the South East which is why some patients may not be seen at St Richards in their efforts to get the list down - they only have 5 beds in the Alwdwick Bay afterall and it is not always feasible to stick post-oppers, particualry by-passers into private rooms.

thaks babyflower for being the voice of reason an putting things in perspective .think we all just finding the wait so hard,but you are right and i will try to calm down an stop driving my family mad thanks:)

Back