• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

St Richards

fjsinc

Has anyone with experience of St Richards ever been, or know of anyone that has been turned down for surgery after the MDT day appointment? And if so, what kind of reasons are patients rejected for?

I'm still waiting for my MDT and am panicking a bit.

:sign0163:

I had a friend who was put back a few months because of a problem with blood results but I don't think they would turn anyone away without good reason . They are there to help ! I had my bypass there 16 months ago .

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I have my day appointment on 21st sept and am hoping they don't turn me down being its taken over 2years to get to this point. I live in Kent but chose st Richards as heard good things and the op wait was only 18 weeks as a posed to a year if I went through London.

thankyou hun i will do a post on here when im home. so look out for it. x where in kent are ya?

I have my day appointment on 21st sept and am hoping they don't turn me down being its taken over 2years to get to this point. I live in Kent but chose st Richards as heard good things and the op wait was only 18 weeks as a posed to a year if I went through London.

I have mine on the same day..... so will see you there... I live in Seaford East sussex. I am excited but nervous. I have also waited years.
:)

widdershins said:
Looks like there will be a few of us there on that day - my first appt is then too!

Look forward to meeting you too, we r the same age, I am also 42. Where do u live? I am so nervous because I really want bypass, and hope they agree, I have never done so much reasearch on anything in my life. :)

OOOoo, I was 43 at the beginning of August! Older than you then ;)

Im in Faversham - am really worried too that they will turn me down.
Ive just had Hypnotherapy to help me lose some weight before the initial assessment - not allowed to weigh myself, but I did, sneakily! Lost about 10 inches off of my entire body though......

Nervous? Much!

Oh exciting that'll be 3 of us then! I'm keen to hear what funky says as she's gone today. I so don't want the band either and have lost10lbs,worrying lots as I am so close now to 40 bmi i don't want to be turned away. How can I be so nervous yet so excited at the same time. :)

Back