• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any one had to have a stretch?

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Hi, any post oppers had to have a stretch? Could you tell me about it? Why it was needed? The symptoms that lead it. How long post op? The process? The after result.
I have been having some troubles and it's thought I may need a stretch. Seeing my surgical team soon. Meanwhile just investigating

Jane

I was only able to eat fairly small amounts of food, probably about 1/4 what I should be and if I ate more I was sick.

I went in for an endoscopy and stretch. I was sedated and apart from a sore throat afterwards had no problems. It turned out this was not what was causing my main issue, so the just stretched it with the camera, rather than a full stretch. I have now had a barium meal and have been given tablets to help food go down the right way and stop nausea. I can now eat about between quarter and half quanities so can finish a meal over two sittings. I have been prescribed protein to have every day as I am obviously not able to get enough in one day.

Your team will certainly organise the endoscopy at least so they can see what is going on if they feel they need to. If they do decide you need one, then it is nothing to worry about.

ryanrara

RyanRARA
Jane said:
I was only able to eat fairly small amounts of food, probably about 1/4 what I should be and if I ate more I was sick.

I went in for an endoscopy and stretch. I was sedated and apart from a sore throat afterwards had no problems. It turned out this was not what was causing my main issue, so the just stretched it with the camera, rather than a full stretch. I have now had a barium meal and have been given tablets to help food go down the right way and stop nausea. I can now eat about between quarter and half quanities so can finish a meal over two sittings. I have been prescribed protein to have every day as I am obviously not able to get enough in one day.

Your team will certainly organise the endoscopy at least so they can see what is going on if they feel they need to. If they do decide you need one, then it is nothing to worry about.

Thanks Jane. Will monitor for a bit and see how goes. Spoke to surgical team and they advise the same. Proud to report though not vomited in over 24 hours and feeling good