• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?????

Suwiexx

Is there anyone that regrets their surgery or would have either a different one or done things different?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

blueeyes

Nope. Just wish I'd done it 10 years earlier.

Big an Bouncy

Ditto wish I had done it years ago,but back then there was only having your jaws wired!

Alice Roumi

I have let remove my gastric band 5 years ago. Had lots of complications. I regret having that surgery. Now interested in Gastric plication (or wrap?) but still don't have information about it

JED

No regrets at all but as you can see some of us just breeze through it where as others do have dramas but we are all different at the end of the day

SARAH S

Here comes the new me
None whatsoever, only just going onto mushy foods 11 days post ops and I'm blessed not to have had any pain or discomfort at all....not the case for all.

I did a lot of soul searching , as many do, pre op and that was when I seriuosly consider it wasn't the right thing. Getting as much information as I possibly could in the end made it an easy decision, for me, and I continue to be glad I proceeded:)

marky0

My only regret is not being able to lose the weight without surgery ,I know I'm only three and a half weeks out but I'm sure I made one of the best decisions of my life

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Like others have said, only that I didnt get it sooner, its life changing but for the better.

Still have a way to go, but I feel a different shape, I am more confident, better skin etc etc

Don't have any worries, just air them on here.

mazbrad

i have no regrets whatsoever. My life was non existing , i was so unhappy which affected not only my life but my childrens and husbands, none have ever said it but i knew it. never go abroad for fear of not fitting in plane seats. never going to amusement parks .never having photos with family. BUT now i have faith that my life is starting now.and its all thanks to the bypass. in 3 weeks i have lost over 2 stone its the beginning of the new me.I am very grateful for the opportunity the hospital has given me. i will never be able to thank them enough .

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
i have no regrets whatsoever. My life was non existing , i was so unhappy which affected not only my life but my childrens and husbands, none have ever said it but i knew it. never go abroad for fear of not fitting in plane seats. never going to amusement parks .never having photos with family. BUT now i have faith that my life is starting now.and its all thanks to the bypass. in 3 weeks i have lost over 2 stone its the beginning of the new me.I am very grateful for the opportunity the hospital has given me. i will never be able to thank them enough .
This could be me

BrianT

Illegitimis nil carborund
I don't know about you but I was convinced that this only happened to me it wasn't until I came on here that I realised we've all gone/are going through the same thing.
I can't say I don't regret it because I haven't had the surgery yet. But I certainly don't regret going for it and if it makes my life a fraction better than it's been this last 25 years then I'll have no regrets.

chubby funster

blueeyes said:
Nope. Just wish I'd done it 10 years earlier.

Me too!

Sent from my HTC Desire using WLSurgery

jeany

I am pre-op and have had wavered a couple of times in case things don't go to plan. Scared that I may end up worse off, as at present apart from my weight my life is quite good. But if I needed any confirmation that my decision is the right one it has come this week on my holiday, my right hip is so painful that I am upping the pain killers and hardly sleeping. If I am honest not really enjoying myself. I know people have commented that some pain doesn't go as a result of weight loss, but I will be in a better position if my hip needs replacing. At my current weight they wouldn't consider it, or if they did I would never recover. So yes I have made the right decision and roll on October. This is my last holiday as a big person!

MrsSAFC

no regrets, its hard work still and if im honest i do miss food...... but its worth it for every lb that comes off! i enjoy the small amounts i do / can eat more then ever! xx should have done it years ago! or never let meself get to 19 st5 (heaviest!)

Danielle1979

No regrets at all, but did wake up and think 's***, what have i let myslf in for!!!'.

But things are going ok, and i feel great. Had surgery last week on tuesday.

xxx

jaxx

I instantly regretted my decision as soon as I came round from the op. I hated how I felt and was mourning my past life. However 2 months later once I settled in to my new life and developed new eating habits I realised it was the best thing that happened to me. I felt very alone in how I felt at first as everyone else seemed to breeze through their op but there are a few who struggled like I did. I was very snappy and depressed but eventually I came out of it.

Everyone reacts differently. I can't believe I didn't do this sooner and I'm very happy with my loss.