• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does everyone get exces skin?

Suwiexx

Is This something everyone gets or is there some people out there that don't suffer to bad? I am ov course worried abut this but it's not going to put me off, but would love to hear some nice stories .. Also is there anything that could help this to do before surgery? Xxx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

hiya suwie. im sorry i dont know answer but didnt want to read n run, im worried about excess skin as i have bingo wings , people have mentioned to me about what happens to the loose skin. but at min im trying not to worry too much. when i get go ahead from hospital i will certainly excersise to help the skin shrink.im sure somebody will soon come along and advice you by their experiences, i know one person on her has recently had tummy tuck. im sure she will comment very soon with her experience. tc xx

It depends on your age,amount you lose,genetics and good luck.There wont be many of us that dont have excess skin.
I must say my tum although hanging is not too bad with clothes on so Im not too bothered,I wouldnt go swimming without my cycle shorts on cos my thighs are very floppy!
There isnt much you can do pre or post op but a good moisturizer and a fake tan look better than nothing!

I was always worrying about loose skin until my husband pointed out to me that I could easily hide it under clothes, I could never hide 21st under them! Now I don't even think about it, however, it seems to be the thing most people ask me about when they find out I'm going to have surgery.

I have a lot of excess skin already, having lost nearly 8st. When I'm done I may consider a breast lift because they are pretty bad to be honest, but it's not something I get too upset about. It's a matter of excess skin vs excess fat - it's a no brainer for me :) And as the others have said you can hide it well under clothes most of the time.
Definitely count on having excess skin. It's part of the wls deal.

Also is there anything that could help this to do before surgery? Xxx

Sure is, don't get fat ;)

It really depends on how fat you are, how old you are, and how long you have been fat. Also it depends on where you carry the excess weight. If it's like mine was, kind of evenly distributed around your body, it means less stress put on your skin overall, if you're really heavy in one or two main areas, then those areas will suffer most as the padding is lost.

Skin has an elastic quality to it but once it's been stretched too far for too long a time it will never shrink back to a normal size.

The more weight you lose the more loose skin you will have. At 15 stone I didn't have any despite losing 13 stone, at ten stone I do now have some issues but still it's not too bad because I was lucky to have not had one real problem area. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't win any beauty contests naked LOL :D but I would much rather have to hide a bit of excess skin than a huge amount of excess weight

You dont have alot of excess skin after loosing all that, you look good xx

Sure is, don't get fat ;)

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't win any beauty contests naked LOL :D but I would much rather have to hide a bit of excess skin than a huge amount of excess weight

Oy we will be the judge of that PHOTO'S PLEASE :flirt2: :D:D :rotflmao::rotflmao:

nice bathroom :) x (u aint so bad either) ;)

I was always worrying about loose skin until my husband pointed out to me that I could easily hide it under clothes, I could never hide 21st under them! Now I don't even think about it, however, it seems to be the thing most people ask me about when they find out I'm going to have surgery.

My pal who lost 10 stone said that although she lost the elasticity out of her skin, she made up for it with buying very good elastic underwear!

LOL

I have excess skin on my arms (had flabby arms pre op anyway), my legs and my thighs, oh and my back where my bra sits. Not nice, but I dont let it worry me as I am 90lb lighter than where I was before and feeling fitter. It was expected.
Still got the old muffin top too, but it aint as big LOL

Ive got a bit round the tummy but my weight loss has very quick but ive noticed my body is adjusting all the time now and its started to retract i dont think its gonna go completley but its a small price to pay for such a drastic change in lifestyle

Back