• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any regrets?

Hi,

My only regret is that I did not do it sooner! It has changed my life in such a short period of time and I feel fantastic!
Its not easy at times, but I have had no complications...just a lactose thing!:rolleyes:

At the end of the day it is your decision, research as much as you can ....all the positives and of course all the negatives. Things can go wrong, and its best to be informed of them. Its a huge decision, only u can make it, but for me no regrets whatsoever.

The best of luck,

Kel xxxx

i have no regrets at all, thats why i did it twice, just like kel my only regret was i wasted time by not doing it earlier.

liz x

Thanks for replies.
I have only just started on my journey and am really not sure what to do. Sometimes I feel really positive and think WLS is definitely the right thing for me, but other times I am just plain scared. I read through some old postings last night that mentioned how dangerous the surgery can be (talking about mortality rates :eek:). I know that carrying excess weight is, in itself a serious issue, but is it the lesser of the two evils? :confused:

I have no regrets at all. my health and confidence have grown so much. i love being able to buy nice clothes from any shop and enjoy feeling nice instead of frumpy. most of all i can enjoy my children more i can now play with them without getting out of breath or feeling paranoid. it really has been one of the best things i have ver done x

I have no regrets except I wish I had done it 5 years ago before I developed diabetes or other things that my weight has caused/impacted like my PCOS which has made it hard for me to get pregnant.

I know that everyday since my surgery I have increased my health & happiness. That is the best feeling in the world.

N:p

I'm over 7 months post bypass and I have no regrets. It's true that there are complications but mine went smoothly. It's not as easy as people think because you have to get used to having little portions, which plays on your mind when you get "mind hunger", but I have no regrets. By now I feel almost normal!

I have to confess that it is only in about the last month or so I am glad I have had ot done - my health & everyday existence has improved 10-fold! However, the first couple of months I hated every day of it - so be prepared!!

All's well in the end & the best (& only!) option I had

I have to confess that it is only in about the last month or so I am glad I have had ot done - my health & everyday existence has improved 10-fold! However, the first couple of months I hated every day of it - so be prepared!!

All's well in the end & the best (& only!) option I had
Hi, Ditzyangeluk,
Thanks for the reply. What was particularly bad during the first couple of months? Was is coming to terms psychologically with the surgery and not being able to eat 'normally', or was it feeling unwell/being sick etc.

Hi, Ditzyangeluk,
Thanks for the reply. What was particularly bad during the first couple of months? Was is coming to terms psychologically with the surgery and not being able to eat 'normally', or was it feeling unwell/being sick etc.

Hi WLW - Can i ask you who's told you that you wont be able to eat normally post bypass op ?

when i first met my consultant he told me from the very start that i'd eventually get back to normal eating, but i'd not be able to consume the vast quantaties that i used to eat, he said i may have issues with some foods to start like bread for example, but eventually i'd get back to a normal diet !

Now i eat pretty normally without any issues !

It will be a big shock to your body and and for a while you wont be able to eat the nice foods that make life worth living, but that stage is short lived. This for me has been a positive turning point in my life that i haven't once regretted doing.

It really is a complete change in the way you think & are with food. It's experimenting with what you can/can't have, what doesn't suit puts you off eating for a while, trying to do the 'right' things, etc etc. You really need to take each day at a time, not compare to others & just dig your fingernails in & hang in there!

The surgery itself was no probs, it is the psychological stuff! I wasn't sick or anything but was really careful (let's not talk about the bad habits I have been getting into lately, ahem!!)

I don't want to be negative, as it is only 4 months down the line for me & there have been amazing changes in so many ways. I just say, if you're at least 90% sure it is what you want, then go for it. But be sure of your reasons for it & be prepared.

That is good advice Ditz, you make a good point. Some of us just glow & glow about how easy/great it has been (um, me!) but everyone has a different experience, different challenges etc. Some people struggle more in the beginning for many diff reasons but it all does even out. Just be sure you know all the facts. Set your mind to being open to change, have a good bit of determination and all will work out fine.

That is good advice Ditz, you make a good point. Some of us just glow & glow about how easy/great it has been (um, me!) but everyone has a different experience, different challenges etc. Some people struggle more in the beginning for many diff reasons but it all does even out. Just be sure you know all the facts. Set your mind to being open to change, have a good bit of determination and all will work out fine.

Thats excellant advice. i think i will follow it x

Back