• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How to prevent excess skin?

reema

Hey guys i was wondering if any one can help me and others with advice on how to prevent excess skin?:confused::confused:

I don't think there is a miracle cure Reema, but from what i've heard make sure you stay really well hydrated... Drink as much water as you can in one form or another xx

and exercise loads! i know u cant do anything for 6 weeks but in 6 weeks my boobs looked so horrible from losing loads and doin nothing! from 6 weeks onwards ive done quite abit and my skin is ok at the mo despite me losing nearly 6 stone.. my friend lost 6 stone (all of his ebw) and has loads of extra skin! i have a total of 12 stone to lose so ill see how i get on.. but since nov 25th ive gone down 5 dress sizes, 3 bra sizes and 3 ring sizes! this is what i do 2 try and help me.. drink alot, i use the cocobutter creams to help with streth marks and saggy boobs (there quite expensive thou) , bio oil in my baths :) swimming three times a week for a hr a time and gym 3 times also at a hr a time :) HTH xx

and exercise loads! i know u cant do anything for 6 weeks but in 6 weeks my boobs looked so horrible from losing loads and doin nothing! from 6 weeks onwards ive done quite abit and my skin is ok at the mo despite me losing nearly 6 stone.. my friend lost 6 stone (all of his ebw) and has loads of extra skin! i have a total of 12 stone to lose so ill see how i get on.. but since nov 25th ive gone down 5 dress sizes, 3 bra sizes and 3 ring sizes! this is what i do 2 try and help me.. drink alot, i use the cocobutter creams to help with streth marks and saggy boobs (there quite expensive thou) , bio oil in my baths :) swimming three times a week for a hr a time and gym 3 times also at a hr a time :) HTH xx
Thanks hun was really helpful..xx

exercise is a must and if you cant do much try toning beds as you dont have to put too much effort in so good for ppl with problems as in bad knees etc but swimming is obviously a great one too x

1. Think of how long it took your body to reach your highest weight. It didn't happen overnight, so you can't really expect your skin to become taut in such a short space of time.
    Many surgeons recommend waiting two years from the day you reach your weight loss target before even considering surgery. This allows you to exhaust all options available naturally before entering into a costly and potential dangerous operation.
  2. Step 2
    Nourish your skin and encourage it's elasticity. Exfoliate daily to encourage removal of dead skin cells. Doing this each day will stimulate your skin's circulation which should help in tightening skin up.
  3. Step 3
    Treat yourself to a hot hour-long bath once or twice a week. While the bath is being drawn, add 1/2lb of pure sea salt to the water and allow it to dissolve. Besides relaxing your body and muscles, it will draw toxins out of your skin and will improve your overall skin tone.
  4. Step 4
    Determine what your body fat percentage is. It's impossible to differentiate loose skin from body fat without this figure. Many gyms are able to assess your body for this.
  5. Step 5
    While you may have reached your goal weight, it's possible that your body fat percentage is still high. In order to reduce this, you should strive to change your body's composition by reducing fat and replacing it with muscle. If you haven't done so already, speak to a gym or a personal trainer to work on an exercise plan which will help you achieve this.
  6. Step 6
    Aloe vera extract, soy protein and yeast extract can improve your skin's elasticity by increasing your body's production of elastin and collagen. It not only tightens your skin but your skin's natural defenses as well.
  7. Step 7
    Coconuts can help tighten your skin up!
    Eating raw food such as cucumber, tomato, olives and coconut can mark an improvement in your skin's elasticity.
  8. Step 8
    Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in our body's tissues. It depletes over time, so it's worth supplementing your diet with some. It is critical for muscle growth, so if you're replacing pounds of fat with muscle, it's definitely worth taking. Smokers tend to be lacking this nutrient. It needs magnesium to synthesize, so ensure you're taking magnesium daily to reap its benefits.
Found this article...some of it might help :)

Theres not a lot you can do to prevent excess skin - as there are a lot of factors:

age,
ethnicity
elasticity (related to the two above)
the amount you have to lose
where you carry the fat

You can help yourself by doing exercise. However ultimately .... don't assume because you run 50 miles per week you won't have baggy skin. You can tone your muscles so theat they grown and pad out your skin a bit.

HtHs

Back