• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any tips on flights please

rubyred15

Hi,I'm due to fly to Turkey, in a few days, it's only 4 and a bit hours, can anyone tell me any tips, to do, not sure on the do,s and donuts ? Will I be able to drink water,? Eat before or eat after ? Any advise please ? Thanks ruby x

Sorry !!!!! I meant to say DONT,s ,,,,,, lol ! If I can eat donuts on a plane I'd be we'll chuffed. . . Thanks ruby x

enjoy - we head there in August again...cannot wait!

Hi! I've flown to the USA twice in the past six months (10 hours+ flights) and have been absolutely fine with my band. I didn't have any fluid taken out and I was on 7.5 mls at the time. Each flight has been different - I've eaten on a couple of the legs and also drunk a glass of vino. i felt ok to do it and trusted my own body! If you're concerned then get advice from whomever banded you. My flights were good and felt good on landing etc.
PS You should make sure your travel insurance covers your band, just in case.

You should make sure your travel insurance covers your band, just in case.

That last bit is an absolute, you must notify your travel insurance people, as if even something completely unrelated happened, they could use the non-disclosure as a reason to deny cover.

(I used to work for medical emergency services which are provided by the insurance, so I know a few horror stories)

Always, always, ALWAYS reveal any pre-existing history, even if you think it's irrelevant.

Last year, hubby and I went with a company called TopDog, where we had the choice of revealing PMH and then not getting the risky parts covered: for example, I have a seriously knackered spine, but let's face it, I've been dealing with it for over 40 years, so paying extra to get it covered was a waste of money in my case, so I chose not to have things relating to back pains covered to keep the insurance low.
(thus confirming the adage that an insurance company only covers you for things on which they won't have to pay up, lol!)

Seriously though, I have seen people denied assistance with a broken leg because they hadn't revealed they had high blood pressure to the insurers... that kind of thing.

Also, make sure you take your EHIC with you, as you are covered for state medical health free or at reduced costs in many European countries!

As for travelling, do not be embarrassed into asking for the extra bit of safety belt they normally have for pregnant or people with small babies, especially if you're travelling with charter (or cattle class as they are known) airlines, it's better to swallow your pride than be constrained for the duration of the flight!

Hope you have a great time! :)

Have a great time in Turkey! We're going in June too x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i went to tenerife in January and going back there next Tuesday :)

I had nothing to eat 3 hours before and only liquids on the flight.

I eat a few hours after landing but just took it easy.

On the way back I did eat a bit of the soft veg and gravy in the meal and I was ok x x

Back