• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any tips please.

edge

Can anyone tell me if they have any tips for taking anti biotics,saw doc yesterday he said I need them as one of my wounds is infected,I said could I have liquid meds ,he said just open up the capsule and pour it on your dinner,Well that was a massive yuk,the food went in the bin along with my anti biotic,any advise would be great.thanks all.Gail

Have you been advised not to swallow them? I never had any problem swallowing any tablets after my op I had lansoprasole ever day as well as my antihistamines which are biiger than most antibiotic capsules. Have you tried swallowing them not as bad as you think xx

I had a course of anti biotics two weeks post op for the very same reason. I swallowed them while without any problems. I've been swallowing all my medication whole since day one post op. you shouldn't have any issues taking them whole.

Paula Lewis said:
I had a course of anti biotics two weeks post op for the very same reason. I swallowed them while without any problems. I've been swallowing all my medication whole since day one post op. you shouldn't have any issues taking them whole.

Thanks Paula will give that a go.

chrisa said:
Have you been advised not to swallow them? I never had any problem swallowing any tablets after my op I had lansoprasole ever day as well as my antihistamines which are biiger than most antibiotic capsules. Have you tried swallowing them not as bad as you think xx

Thanks Chrisa,Paula said the same thing definitely will try it.

In complete contrast (there's always one...!) I got a severe infection in the upper left port site and had 2 different types of antibiotic both in liquid form as for me, anything solid was a no-no at that stage. Hope the pesky infection clears soon-sure it will. xx

Initially I had to crush mine. Tablet crusher available in chemists or even pound shops! Or just crush between 2 spoons. Take with small amount of milk or orange juice. 7 months post op & take tablets whole.

Back