• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any tips on food after surgery?

I was told to have clear fluids for 4 days, thick fluids for 4 days, soft foods for 4 days, then onto "normal" foods as soon as possible after that!

It's amazing how each area differs in their pre-op diet, then post op diet.

I was a private patient hun but your right pre and post op eating advice varies so much! ;)

It's very difficult the first few days, but yes, mostly water or soups. Drink huge amounts. It's mostly swelling at this point, no actual restriction so the cool water reduces that a little and you must at all costs stay hydrated.

Also you'll be surprised how little you need to eat. I certainly was.

I did the pre op diet with no problem, had no problem with the post op fluid diet but now I'm a week into 'mushy' food I'm really struggling - had a bagette with my soup today: feel horribly guilty but it was nice :)

AngeM said:
I did the pre op diet with no problem, had no problem with the post op fluid diet but now I'm a week into 'mushy' food I'm really struggling - had a bagette with my soup today: feel horribly guilty but it was nice :)

I had a little bread today too mmmmmmmmmmmm

I keep telling myself just because I can, doesn't mean I should but its not working lol

Can't wait for my first fill on 18th December :)

Last edited:
Back