• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello Everyone

Linda M

I am currently on the Pre Op waiting list for Gastric Bypass surgery by Mr Shamsi El Hasani and Im pleased that you all seem to have the same view of him as i did. I have already had my Consulation with Star at Orpingtom Hospital and I would really like to get in touch with someone in the same position. Im really worried about the whole operation thing as I havea 6 year old son to think about should anything go wrong....any advice would be greatly received, I would also appreciate meeting up with anyone in a similar position who lives locally im in the orpington area

:)

Hi Linda :welcome2: to Minimins.

Hello there Linda!

Wellcome to the wonderful land of Minis!!

I am hoping to get the bypass asap, so am not quiet where you are yet.

Good luck with everything and hope to be reading about your story soon!!

:) xxxx

Hi Linda welcome to minis where you will find lots of help and probably a buddy to go through your journey with you
I am on the milk diet and due to go back to Luton next monday to see if I have lost my 5% which is one of their conditions for surgery.
Then I will get my appt with the surgeon.
I cannot help with knowledge from the area you are in as they are all different but wish you lots of luck for your journey

Jay xx

hi there and welcome to Mini's. ! Best place for advice and support so you did the right thing joining :D

There are quite a few people on here all at different stages Im sure someone is having surgery at your hospital, so hopefully they will reply later :)

Hi Linda

Welcome to Mini's

There are some here that have had their ops at Orpington..hopefully they will catch your thread and hail you.

I am very near to you...I live in SE London, but I am under Kings College Hospital...If you're ever shopping in the Glades let me know...

Have you any idea when you'll get your surgery?

Take care

(((hugs)))

Hi Linda
Welcome to minis its a great place for support and advice. I live in Scotland so can't help for local questions but i had a bypass 4 weeks ago (mum of 2) and its the best thing aside my kids i have ever done. I'm sure someone will be along soon from your area good luck with your journey x

Thanks All

To all who have replied, thank you so much, It was lovely to get replies so soon. Hopefully I will get to he stage where I am excited rather than scared about the operation and look forward to life post op. Looking at everyone's stories does give me encouragement and I am feeling a bit excited, although it still seems a long way off. Cant wait to be able to shop in "normal" shops and put on clothes I love rather than what suits me......What about the saggy skin after losing weight so rapidly Im kinda thinking that might be just as disteressing or am I just worrying too much!!:eek:

Hi gaelic Girl, I am also originally from Scotland, lived in Glasgow for a while, Anniesland, bearsden I now live in London, Great to hear that you are Post OP I would love to know how it all went and how you are feeling, Its nice to talk to people who feel how I feel...keep in touch please

Hiya and welcome to minis

:welcome: :newbie: :welcome2:

hi linda,
i had my bypass op by mr el hasini in may at the princess royal and its the best thing ive ever done. in 4 months ive gone from 22stone 3lb to 17 stone and feel fantastic. i cried my eyes out when surgery was recommended i couldnt believe id got so bad but i had. like you i had a 7 year old to worry about but to tell you the truth i could never do much with her but even after a 5 stone loss the difference in activities that i can do with her are amazing so the good out weighs the bad. i think you will gain confidence the more you are on this site and reading real peoples real stories. i cant emphasise enough for you to read through all these threads it helped me no end. dont hesitate to ask as many questions as you like. there is a post on el hasani within the last month so you may have to look for it.

What about the saggy skin after losing weight so rapidly Im kinda thinking that might be just as disteressing or am I just worrying too much!!:eek:

Everyone worries about the saggy skin, way i think of it is this.... I can tuck a good dollop of skin down a pair of size 14/16 (oh please lord) jeans or i can shove this huge pouch that haunts my life down a size 24/26 jeans... Wonder which i'd rather do????

Welcome to mini's and good luck with your journey, look forward to hearing all about it xx

Welcome to Mini's Linda - best of luck with the pending op & I hope you get as much out of this site as we all have!

Hi and welcome to minis, it is a fantastic place to find great support and information. Everyone is in or has been in the same boat so totally understand where you are coming from. Good luck with your journey. I am currently waiting for my appeal to be put before the funding committee.

Back