• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Starting 5 day pouch test on monday anyone want to join me?

shazbrad said:
Oh is it ok to eat runny ready brek for breakfast??

Nope, it's liquid protein only. So soups must be protein based too, not veggie based.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Misscharlie are those prescription fortimel drinks? If so those aren't protein shakes, they actually have more carbs than protein per serving.

Misscharlie are those prescription fortimel drinks? If so those aren't protein shakes, they actually have more carbs than protein per serving.

Oh deary. Yeah they are. I just saw the 20g protein and thought they were fine :/

Witht he soups too what kind of levels of proteins should we be looking for in them.

Thanks so much for you help xx

You should aim for atleast 20g protein and no more than 2g carbs per serving in a protein shake. One of the main aims of the 5dpt is reducing your carb intake which is why it's so important.

As for soups, there are some recipes on the 5dpt site and on their forum, the neighbourhood. Generally home made is best so you can really maximise the protein and avoid too many carbs. The main ingredient needs to be lean meat, fish or pulses, or a mixture. Use a neat stock as the base and don't bulk it out with veggies. Something like chicken, lentil & spinach would be ideal.

Hiya peeps me again :D can someone please tell me if these are the Protein powders we should be taking? They look ok to me but would like someone to reassure me :confused: thanks peeps :)

Yup, that's one brand you can use. Any protein shake is fine so long as it has atleast 20g protein and no more than 2g carbs per portion.

Shaz think i read on here that Asda are doing their whey protein really cheap at the moment.

I found yesterday quite hard think it's more the fact that i feel like i'm on 'a diet' as my intake feels so restricted glad it's not like this all the time though reminds me of the old days!!!

DAY ONE

BREKKIE- protein shake

LUNCH- protein shake

DINNER- homemade soup(very boring)!

LOTS OF WATER AND 2 MILKY COFFEE'S

so far on my day1....

3 milky coffees lol
BUT I have simmering on my cooker the lentil and pearl barley soup (from the 5dpt site)and it smells yummy! I'll give you my reveiws later ;):D

Feeling saintly as i've resisted kids wotsits lol

Thanks for the neighbourhood tip. After a nose in there this afternoon i actually 'get' it now! lol I just though I was aiming for soups and gradually adding food mostly protein back in!

I've just enjoyed lentil soup with extra protein powder added.

After a 5 week stall I'm a bit obsessed by weighing at the moment, but i've already accumulated a loss of 4lbs so far this week. 1lb since the start of 5dpt yesterday :)

Hows are we all doing :)

I have simmering on my cooker the lentil and pearl barley soup (from the 5dpt site)and it smells yummy! I'll give you my reviews later ;):D

IT IS LOVELY!!!!!:D:D:D Even my 7yr old who is off sick today is enjoying it!

I will definitely have to try that soup. Sounds delish!

Yup, that's one brand you can use. Any protein shake is fine so long as it has atleast 20g protein and no more than 2g carbs per portion.

thanks Shell have ordered some samples to see if i like them fingers crossed :)

I will definitely have to try that soup. Sounds delish!

It is soooo easy to make!
here is the recipe:

Lentil and Barley Soup

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoons curry powder (I didnt have so used Garam Masala spice mix)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced hot peppers (I didn't have fresh either :eek: so used dried chili flakes about 1/2 tsp)
6 cups water
1 1/2 cups prepared vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup red lentils
1/2 cup pearl barley
1 15-ounce can tomatoes, undrained and crushed
salt
freshly ground black pepper
Chopped fresh parsley or coriander for garnish (didn't bother lol)

Directions:
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, cover and cook gently for about 10 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently.

Add the next 5 ingredients (garlic through hot peppers) ad cook, stirring, for 1 minute.

Stir in the water, stock, lentils, barley, tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 45 minutes or until the lentils and barley are tender.

Serve sprinkled with parsley or coriander.

Per 1 cup serving: 180 calories, 25 grams carbohydrate, 5 grams dietary fibre, 5 grams fat and 12 grams protein.

Most work was chopping an onion and crushing garlic lol! I know carbs are high on it but it is from the recommended list!

But the are complex carbs, which are the good ones that keep you fuller for longer.

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREKKIE- protein shake

LUNCH- protein shake

DINNER- more soup!!!!!

LOTS OF WATER AND 2 MILKY COFFEE'S

The worst bits nearly over! xxx

Hi Guys... may I join you as I've noticed alot of carb creep the last month. Started today & had

B: pourable natural yogurt
L: lentil soup
S: protein shake
D: protein soup
W: about 3.5 litres so far.

Welcome Linzi! So pleased you joined us xxx Hope everyones doing ok, anyone weighed themselves yey?! I'm going to hold out to the end of the week xxx

Was hungry last night so had another bowl of soup lol

Today so far

2 coffees and a bowl of soup!

Off to shop to get stuff for tomorrow etc making this...

Feta Chicken Salad (Day 3)

Traditional chicken salad pumped-up with the flavor of feta cheese. This is satisfyingly delicious made with freshly cooked chicken, store-bought rotisserie chicken or canned chicken. Enjoy on a bed of lettuce. 3 cups diced cooked chicken
2 large stalks celery, diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/2 red onion, diced
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
6 tablespoons sour cream
1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1 pinch salt and pepper to taste

In a serving bowl, mix together the chicken, celery, and red onion. In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, feta cheese, and dill. Pour over the chicken mixture, and stir to blend. Taste, and season

Gl to us!

Back