• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anybody recognise this feeling?

"Aiming for around 1k" well 0.5k is around 1k :) Seriously next week you may lose 1.5k so it will even out and the main thing is you are heading in the right direction and losing weigh x

Omg am just 4 days post surgery and am upset I can eat much the most annoying part is food I would not even want to eat I now find I crave them

Feel a bit of a failure today :-( was chuffed to bits when I saw a 0,5 kg loss this morn,after standing still with loss for nearly a week.spoke to dietician of provider today, she told me I could start on mushies today, but she also said I should be aiming for around 1kg loss a week :-( so I've lost half of that since I spoke to her last week. What am I doing wrong? I try to walk around for about an hour in the day,sometimes a bit more, but I'm not able to go long walks ATM, as I'm always with my girls and they can't walk for miles yet. Quite gutted now :-(
There's no such thing as a standard weight loss. It will come off, but some people loose slowly, while others lose much faster - in the long run though as long as you're following you providers guidelines the weight will come off. Don't beat yourself up - just keep swimming.

There's no such thing as a standard weight loss. It will come off, but some people loose slowly, while others lose much faster - in the long run though as long as you're following you providers guidelines the weight will come off. Don't beat yourself up - just keep swimming.

Thank you.I have been following the guidelines, have started mushies this afternoon, after 3 weeks liquid. I kind of felt like I was being told off for not losing enough I suppose? Just feel quite insecure atm. I started pre op at 122,5, day of op 117,5 and now 110,5

That feeling is so very normal. Its why I'm so strong with people who cheat on their preops - because post op living is emotionally draining and its not as simple as you'd think. With our tiny portions you'd think the weight should just fall off - after all its just calories in vs calories out right? Except its really not. There's more to it than that and its clear from the fact these ops exist that its not just that. And yet we almost expect the ops to fix us and that we should then just be able to drop the weight! You're not doing anything wrong, I promise. And you will lose weight - I went through those same frustrating weeks, the worry that others were losing faster and I still work on my fear that I will never get to goal. All I can promise is that before you realise it you will be 5-10 stone down and you'll wonder what you were so worried about. Then you'll want to lose a little more ;)

That feeling is so very normal. Its why I'm so strong with people who cheat on their preops - because post op living is emotionally draining and its not as simple as you'd think. With our tiny portions you'd think the weight should just fall off - after all its just calories in vs calories out right? Except its really not. There's more to it than that and its clear from the fact these ops exist that its not just that. And yet we almost expect the ops to fix us and that we should then just be able to drop the weight! You're not doing anything wrong, I promise. And you will lose weight - I went through those same frustrating weeks, the worry that others were losing faster and I still work on my fear that I will never get to goal. All I can promise is that before you realise it you will be 5-10 stone down and you'll wonder what you were so worried about. Then you'll want to lose a little more ;)

Thanks yvessa, it's always good to hear the experiences that others have, especially the ones that are further out. It's just such a roller coaster, sometimes I just don't know what I'm doing lol! Hopeful after the school hols I a really up my exercise,so that should make a difference also?
I'm following what my provider says, as I've paid a lot of money to get op done, so wouldn't want to waste it lol! I did cheat on the pre op though, I had 2 dairy Lea light triangles,not great I kow

In terms of exercise, my personal belief is that while you should do it because its good for you, you simply can't burn enough cals to lose weight with exercise alone, plus it may actually make you hungrier. Just keep following your plan :)

Yvessa. Your advise and words are always spot on. I read your posts/comments a lot an you just get it so right.

Hi all, I'm 13 weeks post op and my weight loss is anything from 0 lbs to 4 lbs a week. The first 4 or 5 weeks I lost more but now I'm eating solids it's any bodies guess what the scales will say on a Wednesday morning.

I must admit the week I lost 0lbs I panicked a bit and wondered what I had done wrong, but the the next week it's 4lbs and so on.

My average over the 13 weeks take away the 35lbs I lost pre op is 3lbs 4oz. I'm am cuffed with this, people are noticing and comment are uplifting.

I am so please and honoured I was able to have this bypass I can eat pretty much everything I could before the op only about a 6th of the quantity.

Please don't get too down. The first few weeks are the hardest and then everything falls into place.

Life is great.

Please donot despair and dont take too much notice of how other people are doing as that can be sole destroying if you havenot lost as much. you will have good loses some weeks stand still some weeks but just keep plodding on. it is not a miracle cure its a lisestyle change. it took years to get where we were prior to our ops and we have a lifetimeto lose our weight so as much as you can vary your foods making them as nutritious as you can because weight loss without healthy eating is counter productive.

Hi help am 10 post op and I weighed myself today and I have rather put on weight is something going on should I see my surgeon

Hi help am 10 post op and I weighed myself today and I have rather put on weight is something going on should I see my surgeon

How much of a gain? A small one could just be a fluctuation but a big one may indicate you need to chat to your team.

Back