• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone at The Whittington?

Gnomes

I'm due at the Whittington in North London in exactly 1 months time.

For those of you who have already had their op's, could you tell me,
are your OH's, friends/family allowed to stay with you until you go down? as I'm really really not liking the idea of being on my own for god knows how long until the time comes, I will be a gibbering wreck!!

Cheers me dears x

There are quite a few of us at the Whittington, Gnomes but most of the others I am in contact with are pre-op like myself.

I really don't know what the arrangements are for friends and family staying with you as I won't have any (I am an orphan! LOL!) -- not quite, but I will be on my own on the day of the op.

Perhaps you could contact the bariatric co-ordinator to ask?

PM me if you need her contact details.

Best wishes,
Sharon
x

Hi Gnomes

I had my gastric bypass op at Whittington 16 Dec 2011.

I arrived at 6:45 for a 7:00 am start. You will see lots of other patients waiting for different ops. You are allowed only one person to go in with you to get dress for the op. But others can stay in the lobby area (where you first check in)

You will need to signed forms, get measured for surgical stockings, get your weight checked and change in the hospital gown. You can always ask for two if you need it.

You will then be taken down to the lower ground floor by a nurse and then they will put you on a bed for surgery, and then apply the anesthics. Don't remember anything after that :)

hi gnomes. i am having my bypass there tomorrow. have started a diary so will try and give lots of details of their procedures for you xx

Fab thanks for the replys,
just another quick question (ok 2 I sneaked another in),

can someone stay with you the whole time until you are taken down for the op?

and how long during the day did you have to wait before you were taken down?

Thanks again my lovelys x

P.S good luck for tomorrow Becky

Last edited:
Hi guys i had my op nearly two yrs ago at the Whitt and i just want to say that the team at the Whitt are amazing pre and post op. Good luck to all of u who are having your op`s soon, take care xx

Back