• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else dreading Xmas and weight gain?

wildthing

I know I am. I've got a night out every weekend up until Xmas and I know from past experience that when I have a night out on alcohol I either stall or put a couple of pounds on so in a way I am dreading the festive season cos its going to make me gain the pounds I've worked so hard to lose. And no I can't go to a party and not drink if anyone suggests that!!!!;)

i hopeing this christmas i lose weight which will be a first for me lol

Sorry but I will never understand the 'have to drink when I go out' mentality, surely it is the company and the things that you are doing that makes it fun, not the booze.
And to be honest, is the booze worth undoing the good work you may have already done?
Steph xx

If you moderate your drinks and have low calorie mixers then it shouldnt be so bad. Personally Christmas doesnt bother me - if I want a bit of turkey and a roast spud, I can have it. Looking forward to the rest more than anything else - its been a long year.

No have no worries for christmas just the usual weight gain which is steadily going up up up grrrrr due to lack of excercise which I cant do due to M.E. which is in full swing at moment. Enjoy your nights out I used to go out alot when I was younger and I could manage without drinking if thats what I preffered at the time (diets etc) try sticking to wine in diet mixers and bring out little low fat snacks in case you get the munches stop u snacking on crisp n things.

Have a nice time try not to worry too much. xx

I have to say I am honestly not worried, life stress is more of a worry for me than the holidays. As for drinking, if you go only with hard liquor instead of wine/lager/cider/beer there are fewer calories. Also try alternating a water between each drink, that way you drink less, stay hydrated and don't feel like you aren't participating. Afterall the UK has a strong drinking culture and lots of people feel they have to participate. Just make sure to have some moderation, don't take a risk by driving and know your limits. For the day after drinking try doing high protein liquids only (milk, protein shakes, soups), sort of a toxin flush, you will re-hydrate quicker (dehydration is the number one thing that causes a hangover) and offset the drinking calories. It is worth a try if you are worried about your weight, often the small gain after drinking is just water retention from dehydration if that makes sense.

Enjoy your busy holiday schedule, I am sorta envious, lol! Just be smart about it and you can avoid the holiday weight-gain stress.

Nic:D

No worries for me when I drink now its vodka. Yesterday I went out for lunch after my wedding and I had 2 double vodkas with no mixer I just asked for loads of ice and a couple of wedges of lemon and they took me ages to drink. If I have had mixer in them I would have drank loads more

Enjoy your Christmas and new year

Thanks for your replies guys, Nic, & Teen I will try vodka with loads of ice and maybe alternate with a glass of squash, not so worried about the food side, just the nights out. Have to go though, as don't normally go out much and hey who knows I might meet a nice man over the festivities so good point Ricky's mrs!

Back