• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My weight stuck - advice

BEXS99

Loves this site x
Hi all

Have been in the 14 stones since 26th March i went down to 14 stone 10lb - then never moved to 7th May to 14 stone 8lb, then 21st May to 14 stone 5lb, but can fluctuate some days by a 1lb, I seem more hungry but try to keep to 1200 cals a day, was not counting but now have become obsessed and feel more hungry, I do admit i go out every other weekend and have alcohol I know that dont help but I love my new life, anyone else had a stall and then started again, all my weight is around my tummy, just another 2 stone and will be made up, any advice good or bad needed please xxx And only had under a litre of water today !!!

Hey Bex, I'm still losing albeit very slowly less than half a pound a week but still budging.

I haven't drank a drop since my op, so maybe that will help a Little

We all have stalls, I'm sure you will lose more give your body a chance to catch up :)

I joined ww for that same reason! It's got me going and so far a further 1st 3lb off...might be worth considering. A shake up can do you good x

Do any of you have protein shakes still thought might help and fill me abit on my hungry days, today have been awfull, Ric you ok hun, nice to hear off you, do you count cals or just eat what you want, I ate what I wanted but now counting last few weeks as thought better check has made me eat more. xx

Hellloooo Bex :D I stalled for a month so went to SW & have lost 10lb in 3 weeks without ever being hungry. I will go back to calorie counting for a while soon just to confuse my old bod :D It's worth a try, chick :):) xxx

When I've not lost in the past ive increased water intake..and it's helped the scales move!
But I should take my own advice as I know I don't drink enough x

Have you tried changing what you eat. An old WW trick that always works for me. I get into a routine of always having the same old breakfast and pretty much the same for lunch but having something completely different at each meal to what you usually have like changing to yogurt from cereal for breakfast for example. And of course drink loads of water, like I don't lol. Hope all the tips work for you.

Kate x

I've been stuck for nearly 4 weeks now so have gone back to as close to protein only as I can manage today. My cals had been creeping up to 1100 ish and I was craving carbs such as rice cakes and walkers french fries and even had a slice of cake yesterday! I'm hoping that a few days 'dieting' on eggs, chicken and turkey with a few veggies for balance will stop my decline ! I do hope I lose some weight.
p.s. well done twink ans Jo for great losses at SW and WW. Can I ask what your typical days intake on those plans looks like?

I def have more carbs than I've ever had (hidden carbs as I call them)! I have a bowl of any type of cereal (buy the kellogs or nesquik multipacks), lunch could be Philly with sweet chilli sauce n crackers (never have sandwiches), dinner is either something with salad like quiche or a lazy ww meal. I then have one of the ww snacks (choc bar/biscuits etc) and if I fancy them a bag of French fries or similar. Oh and 2 satsumas lol :)

Thanks Jo

I have more stalls than a fairground. They can last for 3 weeks to a month sometimes. Changing my diet and environment (ie going on holiday or travelling) often kickstarts the loss again. I'm very close to goal now so I know it's going to be slow from now on, but as I am only six months post sleeve, I'm not particularly bothered, especially as I look nice and skinny as I am :) I agree with the suggestion to reduce carbs though.

I've been stuck for nearly 4 weeks now so have gone back to as close to protein only as I can manage today. My cals had been creeping up to 1100 ish and I was craving carbs such as rice cakes and walkers french fries and even had a slice of cake yesterday! I'm hoping that a few days 'dieting' on eggs, chicken and turkey with a few veggies for balance will stop my decline ! I do hope I lose some weight.
p.s. well done twink ans Jo for great losses at SW and WW. Can I ask what your typical days intake on those plans looks like?

Hi MT :) Today I have had; 2 rashers of bacon, 1 egg & baked beans. Chicken salad & cous cous. Steak, new potatoes, petit pois & sweetcorn. 2 muller light yogurts, grapes & a pear. I am never hungry on SW whereas I was getting to be more & more hungry calorie counting. I have upped my water & exercise & at the moment I have started to lose quite well again. My protein is very good too ... hope you can find a way to restart your weightloss, honey :wave_cry: xxx

Your menu today sounds yummy Twink! I've just completed my low carb diet day one. i had scrambled egg, chicken breast, a skinny latte, turkey steak, broccoli, blueberries and 0% fage. It works out at 38 grams of carb and and 83 of protein. I'm well pleased with the protein but the carb might still be a bit on the high side.

Bex im telling you off now!! drink the fluids.... otherwise you will get water retention and the weight can stall.... drinking keeps you full, keeps you hydrated and helps shift he weight... 2 litres hun!!
ok telling off over with lol xx

Thanks, my dad was ready break, lunch half egg mayo sandwich, ski mousse and tea was 3 chicken strips and pack Pom bears, have increased my water and spent most morning on loo, not good when ur in meetings lol, did weigh this morn and had lost 1lb but won't weigh again, am on hols for two weeks now so won't worry, will be swimming nearly every day week after next and walking, thanks for advice, am cutting carbs when I get back! Just want to get in 13 stones ASAP, 4lb to go Twink lovely to hear off u, hugs xxxxx

Hi Bex

I am the same 9 months post op and 1 week I stall the next week i lose, the next week I put on, then i lose again.

think our bodies are getting used to our new food intake.

Echoing what everyone else is saying just drink as much as you can in water!!

as for carbs I cannot eat many as i feel full.

i cannot tolerate bread so I tend to eat crackers but probally only a few times a week.

I eat mainly protien 1st then me veg and minimal carbs and plenty of water.

You will lose the weight hun dont worry, but remember when you dont lose pounds you lose inches.

Happy Losing and have a fab holiday x

Dont woory about the going out I Do to xx :D

Thanks for starting this thread Bexx. It's really given me some ideas as I've lost only 1lb a week for ages. X

Back