• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone else terrified of xmas?

wannabeminime

I am so scared I am going to undo what I have done. I have stayed the same weight wise this week and I now realise I could potentially be looking at a substantial gain over the coming festive season.

Does anyone else feel like this and has anyone got any coping strategies?

Xxx

I am trying to do damage limitation lower carbs mot too much crap in house too early on. Anything only I eat (Xmas cake) am not buying. no loads of Tins of sweets Just the one. Having Xmas day off.then lucky me has to start milk diet boxing day for op! Am not going food mad this year Have mo Xmas goodirs in house yet am waiting till weekend before I buy amy .sure someone will be along with a better plan in a mo meals out are my big problem. Good luck hune Have a super Xmas Becky!

oh yeah got all the goodies in for the kids but staying way clear from themmyself. I have dietitian 8th Jan had to loose 7lbs which I have managed 9lbs but dont want to blow it so plenty of WW soups and low fat treats in the cupboards for me. lol

In a word ...:eek:TERRIFIED:eek:...everyone traditionally comes to our house for the festivities and on new years day also so i cannot escape it. I love Christmas, the cooking, the presents, the whole thing really but i gain half a stone if i eat one mince pie. This year is going to be a hard one as regards food avoidance as i darent cheat and put everything i have worked for at risk.
Thankfully i have become a granny for the first time this year and she is my inspiration to keep at it. So she will be my detterant :)

I know this is on the sleeve board and I'm a bander, but you're not alone with these feelings. I think so much of this time of year is focussed on meals, family meals, snacking, chocolates and treats, its really hard to get away from it all. We have our works dinner on saturday (they don't know about my band) and I normally drink 2-3 bottles of wine at that LOL but this year, it will be one glass . . .and apart from my Aunt and son, my family do not know about my band . . .so Xmas dinner will be interesting. We normally have 3-4 courses, lots of bread, and a huge dinner with about 20 veggies. This year, will be so different and while I've got my determined head on, and while I am going to allow myself a couple of treats over the Xmas time, I've also prepared my son that the chocolates and after eights will be going into his bedroom and he can ration me lol

Becky you are not going to undo all the good work you have done over a period of months in 1 week.
Remember your rules, protein, veg, carbs. maybe allow your 2 snacks for christmas day to be treats, possibly small spoon christmas pud a couple of hours after dinner. try using a liqueur glass to have a very small amount of wine with meal. Go for a good long walk instead of vegging infront of the tv and raiding the sweets.
Why not try sticking some inspirational pics of summer clothes, bikinis etc on toffee tin lids, cupboard doors to remind yourself where you want to be for next summer.
But most of all enjoy your new found figure and looking good. It doesn't have to be about eating and drinking.
Good luck but I know you CAN SURVIVE!!!! xxx

Its easier for me I think as I live alone so christmas is just another day for me, so don't think I'll be tempted. I'm so focused on my weight loss right now that if I can hit the 100lbs lost mark by then it will be my best christmas present ever!!! I'm sure you will cope better than you think becky, you've done so well already xxx

Thanks for all the messages, i really hope you're right :sigh: and that i can cope with it. Unfortunately i have the will power of a goodness knows what, ie not much!

So far, this week at work i have been given a box of quality street, a box of m and s biscuits, a box of thorntons, a box of roses, a bottle of wine x2, and some non food items. Lets just say that i am minus a box of chocs today :(((( I munched them at work all day, then gave the rest to the kids just now when i got home. I am pathetic. :sigh::sigh::cry:

We got given some at work, I've given them away. We don't give between people in the office, but if its something I can't have then I will give it away again LOL

Also, Im working on having a treat a day, but if it means putting it into a place I can 't get to it (ie my sons bedroom) so when he's asleep I can't "graze" in the kitchen or while Im cooking etc, then I will do it.

It is difficult tho, and it can be a huge temptation to the willpower.

surely you can recycle some of the chocolate gifts and give them to someone else. donate them to your local womens refuge as I'm sure they would be very grateful for the gift and just think you could be making someones christmas. Failing that the local salvation army hostel would be another good place to donate them to.

Thanks for all the messages, i really hope you're right :sigh: and that i can cope with it. Unfortunately i have the will power of a goodness knows what, ie not much!

So far, this week at work i have been given a box of quality street, a box of m and s biscuits, a box of thorntons, a box of roses, a bottle of wine x2, and some non food items. Lets just say that i am minus a box of chocs today :(((( I munched them at work all day, then gave the rest to the kids just now when i got home. I am pathetic. :sigh::sigh::cry:

You aren't pathetic!!!! Just human..... Try not to be so hard on yourself.. Draw a line under it, give the rest of the goodies away to some lucky people and just relax and enjoy christmas xxxx

Yes, i'll give the rest away, the kids and the bf will kill me but i have to. :sigh:

I have to say, this is the first and only time i wish i'd had a bypass. At least i wouldnt be able to eat the stuff then!!

Thanks for your support xxxxx

Yes, i'll give the rest away, the kids and the bf will kill me but i have to. :sigh:

I have to say, this is the first and only time i wish i'd had a bypass. At least i wouldnt be able to eat the stuff then!!

Thanks for your support xxxxx

Well a bypass is no guarantee of that!!! I know I'm not alone as a bypasser who doesn't dump on sweet stuff! Wish I did but I can eat cake, chocolate etc and not dump, so
definitely have to be very strong willed regarding food choices xx

I have had a few naughty things of late, I have tried to be very good but have allowed myself the odd biscuit and chocolate, i'v just had my birthday and now with cocs and biscuits at work little one here and little one there, just try to keep it lot less than it owuld have once been, just hopn I have done no damage, always worry when its coming upto weigh day, getn weighed in morning cos am pout tomorrow night for a Christmas do, usually get weighed Thursday morning but not this week. after night out xx I am trying to stay focussed while off work for 2 weeks will ahvwe to get out for wlks to stip me being tempted only hubby n me so we haven't bought biscuits but we have tins of sweets and stuff off other folks I know it won't be easy I am stronger now but I know I will be bad with too much sugar I will dump, it only takes that little bit extra to turn it into something thats ok to something you cannot do. Good luck all we will all be feeling the same really. xx

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow chrisa!! Will keep fingers crossed for you xx

Chrisa, tell them 'tis the season.

We've not bought any festive provisions in ie; turkey/ meats etc, as we didn't know if I'd be having my op this month or next. So all is on hold. May buy a small joint roast and have a small dinner on the day. No chocs, biccies, nuts/ crisps or booze...(wimper...) Plenty of fruit, veg and all that's good for you. I aim to succeed.

Bizarrely, no I'm not scared. I don't know whether its because I'm further out, or because of the way teaching works, but I know that even if I do put on I will lose the weight again. And I can still eat the rubbish and put the weight on - so my bypass doesn't protect me from that. Equally though, I can enjoy Christmas dinner without forcefeeding myself the sweets and things - there are other foods, of which I can have a lot less that I fancy too.

I'm pre op and on my milk diet so none for me this yr but next yr I will enjoy. Skinny people enjoy Xmas,it's only once a yr and its a family thing. I want my op for a new healthy life but I don't want it to isolate me from my family or put a damper on their Xmas cheer because I choose not to diet for a day but that's just me.

Back