• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had or planning a gastric bypass at BUPA Manchester with Mr Ammori?

I'll have to join the fan club too. he did my bypass and was great. he has very few post op complications and has an excellent reputation. Would recommend him to anyone considering WLS. x

Hi all im new on this site and so glad i found this thread i am due for my bypass on the 30th September at the Alexander hospital by Mr Ammori feel 100 % better after reading the ammori fan club lol

look forward to catching up with you all

Corrine

Hi corrine, good luck for your op and let us know how you get on, dont wear him out though save some for me lol....Linda x

Hi Corrine, welcome to Mini's :D sounds like you're in good hands with Mr Ammori!

Hi Corrine and welcome to minis and Mr Ammori's official fan club! honest you will be fine and keep us posted on how things go x

Hi all im new on this site and so glad i found this thread i am due for my bypass on the 30th September at the Alexander hospital by Mr Ammori feel 100 % better after reading the ammori fan club lol

look forward to catching up with you all

Corrine

Hi Corrine

Yep your definatly in good hands, plus the Alex is a fab hospital too, the nursing staff are excellent and its run more like a hotel than a hospital

any questions just ask

Richard

Hi Corrine

Yep your definatly in good hands, plus the Alex is a fab hospital too, the nursing staff are excellent and its run more like a hotel than a hospital

any questions just ask

Richard

Thanks for that Richard ! :D I am now on the lovely pre op diet starving lol Just have no clue what to eat but i will get there 13 days till op just hope the time flys !!! :giveup:

Corrine xx

Thanks for that Richard ! :D I am now on the lovely pre op diet starving lol Just have no clue what to eat but i will get there 13 days till op just hope the time flys !!! :giveup:

Corrine xx

Hi Corrine - I cant help with the pre op diet as i was provided all mine by the org i went private through, which was great as it took the thought out of it all for me (even if it was horrible) and i only had to do 5 days !

Keep your eyes on the prize and you'll soon be a part of the ammori fan club i'm sure

Good luck
Richard

Hi Corrine,
Oh the dreaded pre op diet. Which one are you on?

sounds like she's doing the milk and yogurt diet - mine was chicken soup and strawberry milk shake for breakfast, infact they gave me about 40 sacets of strawberry milkshake as i was supposed to have 1 for breakfast, 1 mid morning, chicken soup for lunch, a milkshake mid afternoon, soup for dinner and finally a milkshake as an evening snack. The milkshake was pretty foul, so i gave it a mis other than for breakfast and just had the soups for the rest of the day, and just grin and bared it ! :D

How things have changed..

Back in the day when I had my lap band fitted in 2000 there were no blogs about Mr. Ammori...In fact...I think I was his first ever patient in the UK. My operation was carried out at BUPA in Manchester and he was really really supportive. Im chuffed to read so much about him now and learn that he is now regarded as one of the top bariatric surgeons. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a lapband...but oh...the cost has gone up quite a bit since then! It will be money well spent..I think vitamins are essential if you are having a lapband fitted. Soluble ones of course!! Hazel Bancroft...banded in the year 2000! And still alive and kicking...:)

hi hazel nice to hear from a vet. i was talking to a woman at clinic the 1other day who had her original band done 10 yr ago with mr A unfortunatly it perished and she was bypassed 18 months` ago by him

Back in the day when I had my lap band fitted in 2000 there were no blogs about Mr. Ammori...In fact...I think I was his first ever patient in the UK. My operation was carried out at BUPA in Manchester and he was really really supportive. Im chuffed to read so much about him now and learn that he is now regarded as one of the top bariatric surgeons. I would recommend him to anyone wanting a lapband...but oh...the cost has gone up quite a bit since then! It will be money well spent..I think vitamins are essential if you are having a lapband fitted. Soluble ones of course!! Hazel Bancroft...banded in the year 2000! And still alive and kicking...:)

I had mr ammori and he was fantastic. What is the name of the soluble vitamins you use and where they from? Ive tried the chemist (oharmasist said try boots but havent had time wiv xmas) and supermarkets, but may have missed them at supermarket.

ihad a band on 28th nov 2008 with mr ammori at the alex. Its really good to hear off sum1 who had it 8years ago with him.

Take care R x

Just out of interest how much weight you lost in that time? was you always totally focussed?
Thanx x

hi everyone i have a group on facebook called gastric bypass friends group, your all welcome to join, more the merrier xxxxx leanne x

hi my dad had the gastric bypass at the manchester bupa by the same consultant and lost 18 stone in just over 6 months. my mother had hers done the year before at a different hospital and lost roughly 16 stone in her first year.

Back