• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

reassurance on mr ammori and gastric bypass surgery

Hi Sally, how are you feeling?? I was chatting the other night with you at the meeting in Salford. Did you manage to get any protein? Are you still shattered?? I did the sleep apnea test, so i am just waiting to go and see Mr Amorri now. God i cant wait!! xx

Hi lovely!
Glad I managed to get on here...Im so glad that PG and you told me about it! Its sooo helpful! I didnt realise you had to get to 50 posts to gain access to everyone and everything. I thought my account was just broken! lol.
Extra super good luck on getting your date...I meant to tell you that his secretary Gill was really helpful with me and dates and times etc...I called up querying the progress of my op, and day after I got the appointment for my next consultation etc...until eventually I called to see if there was anything else I needed to do or people to see and she gave me my date verbally!
Hope this helps dude xxxx:p

:D:D thanks Sally, told you about this site. Its fab!
I am going to phone Mr News secretary tomorrow to see if she has any news. I know i only had my sleep apnea last week so she propbably wont have those results yet, but they are also waiting for my blood test results from 8 weeks ago (i had to chase my GP for them).
I phoned spire hospital the other day, a little premature i know but i just couldn't help myself. A really nice lady told me that when Dr New has all my results my case has to be referred to the PCT for them to give the nod. I was shocked, i thought it was all sorted. So i am nervous again - i hope they don't refuse me :sigh:
Well, no good worrying!!
Speak to you soon x

hi irj, not sure it was me, sorry. I was there on the 2nd april. There was a really nice women there who was chatting - to be honest i thought she was in the wrong clinic. She was too slim! :eek: Turns out she had had the bypass 6 months before and slimmed down from 19 stone to 11 stone. Amazin!!
Are you waiting to see the surgeon??

Hi
Mr Ammori did my bypass exactly 12 months ago and he was brilliant. I have had no problems whatsoever and I can eat anything, just in much smaller quantities.

I went with a company called Healthier Weight who were brilliant and I had it done at the Alexandra hospital in Manchester. I live 5 mins from the Alex hospital and am happy to come and visit any bypassers who may want some visitors if they are travelling from afar, or alone. If you do want to chat, or want a visit whilst you are in, then send me a private message. I am really happy to chat about my experience and put anybodys mind at rest!!
Charlotte

hi irj,
no i wasn't me, i was there with my hubby, but it does sound like we are at the same stage! Keep me upto date with whats happening with your appointments and i will let you know whats going on with mine. At least then we might hav some idea of time scales - cant wait for my op, very impatient!!! :D

Hi Charlotte
Can you tell me how to send a pm to you? I'm useless with computers. Would love to organise a visit although my hubby and daughter will be with me it would be great to talk to someone who has been there. I'm having mine done at Spire hospital is that still near enough?
Allie x

Mr Ammori offers private surgery through a couple of different companies. These include Landauer Cosmetic Surgery, Healthier Weight, Surgicare, Spire and BMI Healthcare. Google them and see what each offers by way of price/aftercare etc.

Hi Dawn

You can contact the Spire in Manchester direct and ask about an appointment with Mr Ammori for a bypass. I went through surgicare but still had the op with Mr Ammori at the Spire. I would highly recommend him. I had the op on the sat 17th oct and was out and travelling home on Sunday afternoon.

Any questions you may have please feel free to contact me direct (PM me).

Good luck

Back