• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

reassurance on mr ammori and gastric bypass surgery

I will let you know A.S.A.P after my Op, but I have to say that I have met him x 2 now and he is a lovely man.
He cancelled my Op last Saturday because I wasn't well with a cough, I also asked him if I could go down first for Surgery because of nerves and he said yes no prob.
You will be fine with him xx

hi i am new to this site and yes i had mr ammori to i am 3 weeks post op and feeling good i had my surgery on 11 april and was sent home on the 12 he is such a lovely man and puts you at ease even his personnel secratary is brilliant to i am so glad he was my surgeon and look forward to seeing him on may 20 when i go for my check up xx

Hi
I dont know who my surgeon is yet I am having it at Salford Royal by a surgeon that prefers to do bypass's so think it might be Mr Ammouri
WHY woudl they prefer to do this ?
Have any of you had to fight for your band ?
Sorry to crash post
x

Hi Eva
I'm going private so can't comment on having to fight. I'm travelling from Glasgow to Manchester to get Mr Ammori as he is one of the best from what i have been told. Only comment i can make in relation to band versus bypass was that i was told given my eating habits that i could cheat with the band and it would be a possible waste of money for me plus bypass would give me a higher weight loss and i need all the help i can get lol. Plenty of people with a much greater knowledge than myself on this subject to give you answers and advice. Good Luck
Allie x
Allie x

From being at the last support group at salford they were saying that there were less complications and better sucess with the bypass. Out of the 30 or so people there there were only 2 that had had the band and 1 considering the band. everyone else was bypassed.

Im also bypassed by Mr Ammori he is an amazing guy cant recommend him and his team enough i had a bypass by rny and open hernia repair at same time and and i felt little pain after you will do great it has been 8 months and i have lost almost 11 stone and feeling great you cant be in safer hands so dont worry

Corrine xx

Im also bypassed by Mr Ammori he is an amazing guy cant recommend him and his team enough i had a bypass by rny and open hernia repair at same time and and i felt little pain after you will do great it has been 8 months and i have lost almost 11 stone and feeling great you cant be in safer hands so dont

Corrine xx

wow! amazing weight loss - well done chick!!! xx

Hi Eva
I'm going private so can't comment on having to fight. I'm travelling from Glasgow to Manchester to get Mr Ammori as he is one of the best from what i have been told. Only comment i can make in relation to band versus bypass was that i was told given my eating habits that i could cheat with the band and it would be a possible waste of money for me plus bypass would give me a higher weight loss and i need all the help i can get lol. Plenty of people with a much greater knowledge than myself on this subject to give you answers and advice. Good Luck
Allie x
Allie x

Allie - which hospital are you having your op at, i had mine privately in Manchester with Basil Ammori last August and stayed at the Alexandra, which was more like a hotle than a hospital ;)

Hello again g girl, just seen this thread from you. I think i am going to have mr ammori doing my operation, i have been told it will be at the spire Manchester. But i am still waiting for my appointment with Mr Ammori, the wait is killing me. I just had my sleep apnea test last week so i have been told fingers crossed i shoul get an appointment through soon. Heres hoping!! Good luck with your WLS journey :):)

Hi guys - I had my op 2 weeks ago at Hope Hospital under Ammori. - Everything went well and I was out of hospital the day after. He has been in contact with my doctor with regards to vits I should be on, and I due for a check up with him 6 weeks later on 11th June!

Wouldn't it be so good if we got our ops round the same time Sue, it would be great to have company. Hope you get your apt soon. He really is a lovely man. Sally good to hear post op care is good too, it's quite a worry for me given i live 220 miles from Manchester.
Allie x

Hi Sally, how are you feeling?? I was chatting the other night with you at the meeting in Salford. Did you manage to get any protein? Are you still shattered?? I did the sleep apnea test, so i am just waiting to go and see Mr Amorri now. God i cant wait!! xx

Yes it would be fantastic if we had our op around the same time. I have a little less to travel than you, only 50 miles away (Blackpool), so i feel really lucky. Everyone on here speaks very highly of Mr A so that helps to put our mind at rest too.
By the way, i am trying to get my posts upto 50 too so that i can get onto peoples profiles. I love seeing the before and after pictures and love the stories!! :p

Mr Amorri is the best!
I had him 5 months ago for my bypass and the Hospital The Alexandra was lovely like silversurfer said like a hotel, The team are great and you will be in very safe hands with him.
Good luck on your journeys.

Back