• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

reassurance on mr ammori and gastric bypass surgery

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Everyone
I'm very new to this and not too hot on computers either so forgive me if my post looks boring compared with some of you clever ones out there.:) My name is Allie and Im travelling down to Manchester from Glasgow for an initial consultation with Mr Ammori on 16th May, i have done this through Landauer cosmetic surgery. Originally i was looking at a gastric band but given my weight and eating habits intial suggestions indicate i'd be better with a gastric bypass. I have a provisional date for sugery of 16th June and i guess i'm looking to you guys out there to give me some reassurance as i really really want this but have so many concerns about the operation the follow up the surgeon himself etc. Would really appreciate any help:confused::) Thanks

Hi Allie, :welcome: to Minis.

I am almost 4 weeks post-bypass and can honestly say, depsite initial pain and learning to live with the new plumbing, it's the best decision I have made! I am already -31lbs and feeling great! I'm not one of Mr. Ammori's patients though.

Mr. Ammori has quite a fan club on here and I am sure one of his patients will be along soon to let you know what he is like.

Hi I had Mr Ammori and I cannot fault the guy. He is so down to earth and makes you feel special to him. When I had my surgery I felt no pain and was convinced he had done nothing even though I asked the staff if it had been done and they confirmed it, first chance I got I looked for the scars. Which by the way are so tiny. He is a very good surgeon and I fought to get him in the end you will be in very safe hands....xx

hi allie :)
Im Rebecca, im having a bypass in leeds in 2 weeks time ish.
I live up by loch ness, so im travelling to have it done too.
If i can help at all I will :)

.x.

Hi Allie, I too am travelling up to Manchester from S Wales to have bypass by Mr Ammorri. All the comments I've found so far have been totally positive of his work but obviously everyone's different! V nervous also about pain after but trying to convince myself that a little bit of pain compared to years of discomfort in self and low self esteem is worth it!

All the best!

Have a mooch at my blog if you like. It's my honest account of how it was for me!
Hi Allie - welcome to the club - read Red's blogs they are brilliant and totally inpirational!!! I had so many worries about doing the right thing, the pain thing, would i regret etc but after reading through these blogs i have had my fears quashed well and truly. There is always someone to help you hear and they totally support you - good to have you

Mr Ammori is one of the best. He fitted one of the very first lap bands and is the developer of the easyband. Is fits his bands through the belly button so only one hole. He is defiantly one of the very best.

I was offered the easyband but had to travel to Manchester fro it and I live in Brum with 2 small children and nobody knowing anything about this. SO I couldn't.

You are in safe hands.

Hi, I had Mr. Ammori and I think the world of him. I am now almost 6 months post op and it has changed my life for the absolute better. I felt very little pain and it was confined to the first 10 days. Really, I can say in all honesty that I have felt worse from a terrible monthly or when I broke my ankle!

Here are a couple of GREAT things about Mr. Ammori & his techniques.

1. He mostly only does keyhole (laproscopic) surgeries and has only had to convert from keyhole to open surgery one time.
2. He has done in the neighborhood of 700 surgeries and only had 1 fatality due to existing complications (multiple hernias) not the actual bypass.
3. He hand sutures the wounds closed with dissolvable stitches instead of using clips or staples which leaves a neater scar and reduces chances of infection or re-opening. Plus no removal, as they disappear.
4. He dye-tests your stomach & intestines right on the operating table to check for leaks before he even closes you up unlike other docs who wait 2-3 days post-op to test. Mr. Ammmori feels it is better to find problems on the spot and not have to re-open you later.
5. He encourages you to have a very short hospital stay (24-36 hour)s because the less time you spend in the hospital (provided you are coping well that is) the less likely you are to develop a secondary infection that you get just from hospital exposure.
6. Lastly, he's nice and obviously very talented so you are in good hands!
HTH,
Nic

Hi there
I'm in Mr Amori's fan club too! He is not only a lovely guy but I'm sure he must be a fab surgeon too as I have had absolutely no problems whatsoever since my op in December. I had no pain, was out og hospital within 24 hours, I can eat what I want, have never dumped or been sick and I am four and a half stone down in four months. As long as you follow the rules and remember to exercise as soon as you can, I'm sure you will be fine! Good luck!

HiYa Phojay,
Welcome to minis,
I Had Mr Ammori and I can Honestly say he is such a lovely man and an Excellent Surgeon. He is One of the best!!
You will be in safe hands with him and I wish you all the very best on your weightloss journey.x

reassurance on Mr Ammori and gastric bypass

Hi
I'm so glad i found this site only been around for a few hours and already i'm getting loads of info. Forgive me if every so often i come up with questions but honestly believe there are no better people to speak to than those who have been through this
Allie:):D

Hi Gaelic Girl

I also had basil Ammori, in fact i've known a lot of bypassers here and through the other support group i'm part of and all have lost a considerable amount of weight, none have suffered any post op complications, and strangely none seem to have had any post operation pain other than mild discomfort ! this man truelly transforms peoples lives for the better, dont worry your in very safe hands.

Hi Allie, I too am travelling up to Manchester from S Wales to have bypass by Mr Ammorri. All the comments I've found so far have been totally positive of his work but obviously everyone's different! V nervous also about pain after but trying to convince myself that a little bit of pain compared to years of discomfort in self and low self esteem is worth it!

All the best!

Hiya
if it makes you feel any better - I had no pain whatsoever!! xx

I am due to have surgery with Mr Ammouri on the 9th May so I will let you know how it went.

I have met him twice now and he seems a very nice caring person.

Good luck

Back