• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone had surgery abroad?

Hargs

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had surgery abroad. What was it like? What was the aftercare package? Have you had any problems?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had surgery abroad. What was it like? What was the aftercare package? Have you had any problems?

Hello, I had surgery abroad 5 weeks ago. I had a gastric plication or a wrap as they are also known. I've had absolutely no problems as all and as of last Sunday I am 30lb down. In terms of aftercare the gastric wrap does not require much so I was discharged with two months worth of medication I need, I have almost 24hr access to my surgeon and/or his colleagues and as much or little contact with them as I like although they do ask for weekly updates. I also received a full post op nutrition pack. If I ran into clinical problems in this country then I guess it would be NHS I would go to. I saw my gp before making my decision and they were very supportive and advised me they would support me with any aftercare I needed eg blood tests, vitamins and painkillers.

Yes I was very lucky as they were fantastic with me. I had my surgery on turnov, Czech Republic. Altogether I paid just under £2,000 inc my flights. It would have been slightly cheaper but I booked a flight for my other half to come with me but at the last minute I decided I couldn't leave out children without mam and dad so he stayed behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a lot less that it is in UK isn't it. What company is that with? I think I need to know that there is aftercare. So that would be a reason I would stay in the UK- but it looks like some surgeons only cover patients for 90days anyway and there still might be a charge for follow up procedures.

My procedure in this country was in excess of £8,000! There is so much to consider when looking for wls, procedure, place, price and it's got to be something you feel comfortable with. Good luck with your research!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Czech republic with cosmetic bliss, I would highly recommend them, I have had no problems, just a complete change of life for the better, good luck x

Thanks Caren. Did you get any aftercare with them. I mean after you were discharged from hospital? X

Hi nikkita I have asked to friend you
As you have had the same procedure I want
And by the doctor and company I want
To
Go
Through thanks

Hello, I'm really sorry but I don't know how to add friends or accept them on here! I only use my phone to come on.

You have to build up your posts to get full access to the forum, work your way up to 50 by joining in and you will soon get there :D

I was just wondering why some people have to go abroad for their ops when they are available on the NHS here?

Because not everyone is lucky enough to get their ops done on the nhs xx

Back