• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone having a sleeve Nov 2013?

Muizenberg

Is anyone else having their sleeve during Nov and in particular at Kings college ?

Trying to envisage new body image at various stage of wl process by looking at others who started out at a similar size.

Going to have a few days trial run of the pre op diet once received later this week.

Hope there's room on the losers bench for my ample hips.

My op is 21st November at University College Hospital.

Good luck my love, I am thinking of giving the pre op a whirl to actually. Its the only part of all this that I am absolutely dreading! Ha!

Hi, i'm having my sleeve in Portsmouth on the 19th Nov so you'll have a few days on me. Good luck and hope all goes well!

Hi Muizenberg, hope it goes great for you, Be sure to let us know how it goes.
Mine is going to be at kings but still no news yet.

Hi Rupert

Will do. How long have you been on the waiting list ? Have you been in contact with the consultant's surgical admissions officer as they arrange surgery dates etc.

Hi I have been on waiting list for 13 months pre op tests were in july I have rang both admissions spoke to linda james and also mr patels p.a im runnig out of ideas about whst to do. When I jad my pre op tests they told me the operation would be within 8 weeks.

Hey Cathyem, I am at the same hospital as you! Nuffield Brentwood for me, on 1st November. The pre-op diet is torture and I am very hungry!! All for a good cause tho!

Hey Cathyem, I am at the same hospital as you! Nuffield Brentwood for me, on 1st November. The pre-op diet is torture and I am very hungry!! All for a good cause tho!

Small world, eh? Who is your surgeon? Mine is Mr Koak. Please keep me updated on your progress. Good luck :)

Hi I have been on waiting list for 13 months pre op tests were in july I have rang both admissions spoke to linda james and also mr patels p.a im runnig out of ideas about whst to do. When I jad my pre op tests they told me the operation would be within 8 weeks.

Have admissions indicated your position on the list ?Do you know if they'd consider changing consultants ? Don't know if PALS might be able to help.

Also on the waiting list at Kings under Mr Patel. Started out at St Thomas', then moved over to Guys, then Kings. Been put on a waiting list in total now 3 times, this one 1st August and told within 6 months ! I really hope so as now been going on for nearly 2 years !

Love to read how others are doing, so keep on with the updates please x x

Hi everyone, my date is 12th November at the Spire Manchester. Currently have a band in and the surgeon does not know if I can be converted to a sleeve in one op so I won't find out until after the event! Start the pre-op diet tomorrow. What fun.

Hi everyone, my date is 12th November at the Spire Manchester. Currently have a band in and the surgeon does not know if I can be converted to a sleeve in one op so I won't find out until after the event! Start the pre-op diet tomorrow. What fun.

Good luck and hope the op goes well. I'm on the 12th too and start the pre op on Tuesday :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Cathyem, Good luck with your op. Hope you have a very speedy recovery. What hospital are you in? I am starting my pre -op diet tomorrow for no other reason than it being a Monday! Have you started packing a bag yet? I need two bags because I am having to travel and need another bag for the hotel stay afterwards! Feel like I am going on holiday!

I'm at Nuffield Brentwood. I'm having a final feasting day tomorrow (weather willing to get to the shop). I haven't packed a bag yet but I've ordered some new undies etc for hospital :) and Gas X etc. Excited but nervous too. I can't believe it's so close now.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I know what you mean Cathyem. Went to bed last night thinking 16 sleeps until op. Now it's only 15 and everything feels "it's really happening" I feel a lot more fearful than I did having a band fitted 3 years ago. That was a doddle. I think it's because I won't know the outcome of the op until afterwards. I find it relieves pre op stress by keeping busy. My house is receiving a serious spring clean, my garden is being brutally pruned and my cases have so much in them that I'm not sure they will shut!!!!

Hi Cathyem, Good luck with your op. Hope you have a very speedy recovery. What hospital are you in? I am starting my pre -op diet tomorrow for no other reason than it being a Monday! Have you started packing a bag yet? I need two bags because I am having to travel and need another bag for the hotel stay afterwards! Feel like I am going on holiday!

How are you doing with the pre op diet? I'm on the second day of slim fast shakes and water, and it's ok so far. Bought vitamins, lip salve, more slim fast mix and some smellies for hospital today. Keep going over everything to make sure I'm prepared.

Hi Cathyem - am on day 4 of the pre op diet. I'm on protein shakes. Not been bad today but yesterday I felt very, very hungry indeed. Not fun at all. However, it's got to be done. Only 12 sleeps to go! The time will pass so quickly and before we know it, we'll be heading to theatre. Wow.

Hi Cathyem - am on day 4 of the pre op diet. I'm on protein shakes. Not been bad today but yesterday I felt very, very hungry indeed. Not fun at all. However, it's got to be done. Only 12 sleeps to go! The time will pass so quickly and before we know it, we'll be heading to theatre. Wow.

I've seen several comments where people say day 3 of pre op is the worst. I seem ok, however some of my colleagues sent out for pizza at work today. They aren't aware of my upcoming surgery so it wasn't on purpose, but my carb demon was increasing my sense of smell lol. Yep, it'll be here before we know it. Been having a few niggles with my husband as he's really not keen. He's never had a weight issue tho so can't fully understand. I'm sure he'll get over it as I start to go back towards the size I was when we met 12 years ago.

Hi Cathyem - my husband was unsure before I had my band fitted. I had to keep telling him that it was what I wanted. If your husband has never had a weight problem he truly will not understand how it feels. He is just worried. A year later his eyes will be popping out of his head!!!! My husband is really keen for me to be sleeved because he knows the wonderful effects just a little bit of time down the road. My band was great but unfortunately I have a bad slip and it has to come out. A sleeve is permanent, which, on one hand is a bit daunting, but on the other hand means it can't slip or fail in any way. Tiny portions of the correct food means we will be slinky in no time. Yes!

Back