• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone having a sleeve Nov 2013?

Thank you Happy Days. I've just read this out to my other half and he nodded sagely. I think he's quietly coming round. It must have been scary for you to have your band slip. I'm glad you're getting sleeved I know it will be better for you. Have you got a new clothing budget?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Cathyem - my main concern on 12th is that I may not be sleeved if the stomach is too damaged to allow a safe sleeving. Then I'd have to go through all this again - another pre op diet!!!!!! Also apparently a band removal is extremely painful where they have to dig the port out.
Pre op diet is going ahead smoothly apart from my VERY bad mood. Poor husband has been, completely undeservedly, on the receiving end of a sharp tongue. I feel awful but he knows that it is only for a short period of time. And, he already has experience of the amazing health and appearance results. The husbands get worried about the op and what life will be like after. I was up and about after an hour and life became a life, not merely an existence. (Gosh, getting philosophical!)
My wardrobe contains a variety of sizes that I can fit into as I lose weight again. I lost 8 stones with the band. Unfortunately I have put 5 back on :( The band has been mainly unfilled for about 18 months. I have some gorgeous clothes that I bought when I lost all my weight so they will be ready the next (last!!!) time. When I was losing the pounds I just dressed out of cheap shops and ebay. It worked quite well.
To be perfectly honest I could not afford to spend a fortune on clothes; the op is costing £11,400 and I will have to pay more (around £3,000) if a second op is necessary.
What are your plans for clothing?

Hi Happydays. I am keeping everything crossed for you and send positive thoughts to get your surgery done in one.
I have been a serial yo yo dieter since whenever but the weight piled on in the last 10 years or so since I started medication for MS and a very sedentary job. (It doesn't help that I enjoy food and several glasses of wine) My husband got more than he bargained for. When we got together I was 9st 10 and am 19 stone now!
I have given away so much clothing that I haven't been able to get into, but still have a wardrobe of smaller items just waiting for me to drop a ton or 2 lol. One of my friends (one of the few I've told), is determined to take me out shopping when I'm happy with my weight. I am very excited about being able to wear pretty things again rather than whatever fits.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

have been using this website-:
http://modelmydiet.com/
you "view" what you may look like at the start and at the end you enter in your current weight and your planned end weight lose and it shows you what you may look like, its a fun thing to try

Last edited:
In terms of clothing , wardrobe only contain size 30/32 and purchased mainly from Ebay or online
retailers. Having been this size for a zillion years tend to sell on wardrobe once become bored with items. It will be strange buying in a smaller size.

Muizenberg........strange but mind-blowingly wonderful. Trust me.
los in it - I'm a bit weird because having hit my goal weight with my band relatively recently (although now sadly regained loads) I do know exactly what I will look like. Can't wait to get back there.
Not long to go now....9 sleeps for me.

I was in significantly less post-op pain after the bypass than with the band. In my bands lifetime of 10 months I had it dug out of me twice, no additional post-op pain in particular with the port removal.

The band can give you significant internal scarring which most people don't realise (me included) which can make the follow up surgery more tricky.

Best to get sleeve or bypass first time round, and just a tad expensive to have both! But hey we live and learn.

Thanks Jemima - it's reassuring to know that your band removal was not painful. Yes, when I had my band fitted I had no idea that it could damage the stomach. Even now I don't know what is going on inside. The surgeon will make a clinical decision once he gets in. That is why I chose him - because he is happy to remove the band, let the stomach have a recovery time (if necessary) and then do a sleeve. I agree that it is best to bypass or sleeve first time round. Bit late for that! Hindsight is a great thing.

My priority was the conversion in one procedure as its safer supposedly as less operations plus cheaper by several thousands. Luckily my surgeon is head of department sort of level and super experienced, probably why I chose him :)

Hi everyone - where are you all hiding? I'm concerned that the pre op diet has become too much for everyone!!! The 12th seems very near now.......

Hi everyone - where are you all hiding? I'm concerned that the pre op diet has become too much for everyone!!! The 12th seems very near now.......

Hi Happydays, it's getting easier for me somehow. 13Ibs gone *happy dance* and I'm excited at being on the journey at last. How are you? Xx

Pre op's going ok. Lost about a stone but finding it difficult to drink 2pts of milk although upped other fluid intake.

Hi Cathy and Muiz, Yes my preop is going ok. Quite in the groove now. I've lost 10lbs and am excited about next week. It seems amazing that it is so close now. Yes we are all on the path to slimness now.

Looks like Im joining the November club at kings on the 12th Got a call from admissions today saying can I do the 12th, Not required to do a pre op diet as mr patel does not need his patients to do it.
All becoming very real now... Im terrified

Hi Rupert - gosh that's short notice! Congratulations! Won't be long now until your new, slimmer life begins. Don't worry about feeling terrified. There would be something wrong with you if you didn't. I had a band fitted 3 years ago and was petrified. I was up and about after an hour so all that worry for nothing. Dig your case and pjs out and turn up on the 12th. That's all you have to do. I'm on 12th too and trying not to think about it too much. Instead I am cleaning like a madwoman!

Looks like Im joining the November club at kings on the 12th Got a call from admissions today saying can I do the 12th, Not required to do a pre op diet as mr patel does not need his patients to do it. All becoming very real now... Im terrified

Welcome to the 12th November gang, Rupert!! Before you know it we'll be recovered and on the way to a healthy happy future :)

I really hope so. today when I put the phone down I was in a cold sweat, the tonight im sitting here not really that fussed if you know what i mean. I will have a panic tomorrow lol it really is a roller coaster !

I really hope so. today when I put the phone down I was in a cold sweat, the tonight im sitting here not really that fussed if you know what i mean. I will have a panic tomorrow lol it really is a roller coaster !

Now there's a familiar story! I keep saying it feels like its happening to someone else. Then when I remind myself it's happening to me a have a little freak out. I'm day 4 milk diet for a sleeve. Good luck! X

Hi everyone - well, I'm packed and ready to go! I have pre op assessments at the hospital tomorrow and because the hospital is a distance away, I am travelling down this evening (Sun). Feel terrified but confident (weird!) Wishing every one of you a smooth op and a very speedy recovery. I am not taking a laptop with me and I don't have an internet phone but I'll update on my return. Good luck!

Back