• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Manchester

I have tried to post on this sight but it does not seem to be working
any idea on what I am doing wrong

omg ian I have seen it all now haha Let me kid u not I know him personally he is going to be lapping this attention right up haha
Alex.. welcome to wls and I hope you have an informative journey and if there is anything you need to know I am sure you will get the best advice help and support from here, everyone is friendly and reasuring.
I too had Mr ammouri at salford royal in October of last year it only took a couple of week for me to get funding but then I had applied previously and was refused but I appealed with support from other consultants from neighbouring hospitals that I attended, i was elated when I was approved ;o) from there on It took around 6 months for me to be going into hospital for the op. I have no regrets at all.
I wish you well and offer you my support ;o) x

See you've upset me again now :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thanks everyone for your encouraging words. Well i will be going to the next Salford meeting on the 7th does anyone know what time?? Im soooooooo hoping i will get approved as ive done/ got all the required criteria : BMI over 40 weight loss tablets for years, i have a big hernia which was the reason for going to GP in the first place, Done all the tests at the hospital for sleep apnia?, heart, diabetes, blood tests etc, and done the 6 months at the weight management clinic all to no avail - apart from putting more weight on in 2008 after having my first child!! and gaining my hernia. ive battled with it for years and this is the first time ive felt any hope in getting rid of my excess weight. My husband is so excited and supportive as hes never seen me thin and weve been together for 10 years this year! and has never once said anything about my weight.xx:D Alex

Sorry Alex i compleatly missed this thread. Im a Mr Ammori fan but John new the endocrainologist is the man i take my hat off to as he was the one who surgsted surgery in the first place.

Im 16 months post op 12 stone down and maintaining nicely around 9 stone. i was a size 26/28 BMI 60 and am now a 6/8 bmi 24.8 but im only 4ft 11.

where in manchester are you im in bolton.

hope to see you at the next meeting
carole

:)Welcome Alex
Hope to meet you on the 7th;)

hi-i went for my app with dr ramtoola-18mths ago
i had her backing-and had all tests b4-sleel machine etc--then went through funding and was told my bmi was 4-i was about 18+stone-and was refused--i cant excercise properly--becasue i suffer from osteo-arthirirtis-of the kness/arms/legs/and hands--still refused-even my knee dr-sent letter--anyway-i tried slimming world for 9mths-and nothing--i eat apples-in morn/cereal dinner-and then either sandwich or apples for tea-
now im 20stone+ and waiting to see my app for endocrinology-been told its the next step--but prop seeing dr ramtoola again-and to make matters worse-i cant find ajob-because of my illness-and today-just now-the wife's come home-and said-she's leaving-me
blames the weight+not working--so now more suicidal-than b4---she works in a one man shop--asked her if she was seeing her boss---says no--but dont believe her-but all she ever did was call me fat-
pissed of
My names Alex i come from manchester. Hers my journey so far. I was referred to Manchester Royal infirmary june 2009 originally to see about getting my huge hernia operated on. Due to my weight and height combo 46.5 bmi they decided that ii would be a good candidate for gastric surgery. They referred me to Salford royal and i went there August 2009. Had all the blood tests, Diabetes tests, Sleep tests etc done and then saw Dr Ramtoola in the weight management suite. 4 appointments later (9march 2010) She advised me that she will be requesting funding for me to have either a Gastric bypass or Sleeve done. So now im just waiting for this to be agreed and am unsure as to how long it all takes from here. Hopefully it will be done fairly quickly!lol

Its great to read so many success stories.

Alex.

anyone/or more-who live in manc-or near-fancy meeting for a chat etc-after new yr-
and happy new yr to u all

ps if interested email me or leave post on here---maybe we have drink or brew-etc-men and women-

Back