• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hello from Manchester

Alex1977

My names Alex i come from manchester. Hers my journey so far. I was referred to Manchester Royal infirmary june 2009 originally to see about getting my huge hernia operated on. Due to my weight and height combo 46.5 bmi they decided that ii would be a good candidate for gastric surgery. They referred me to Salford royal and i went there August 2009. Had all the blood tests, Diabetes tests, Sleep tests etc done and then saw Dr Ramtoola in the weight management suite. 4 appointments later (9march 2010) She advised me that she will be requesting funding for me to have either a Gastric bypass or Sleeve done. So now im just waiting for this to be agreed and am unsure as to how long it all takes from here. Hopefully it will be done fairly quickly!lol

Its great to read so many success stories.

Alex.

WELCOME!!!! I hope that this forum can be of help to you. The people on here are fantastic!! If you have any questions then fine away!!
I personally had my RNY with Mr Ammori about 7 months ago and im 9 stone down. I hope things go smoothly and you get your funding soon!!

Hi Alex, Im with Mr Ammori too at Salford Royal. I got funding approved on Dec 3 2009. I have an appointment on May 6th 2010, not sure how long to wait after that, Ie had all my tests done like you, so Im just waiting for the surgery. Sorry Ive not helped much! Good Luck x

I had my op with Mr Ammori 16/11/09 and can honestly say he is the best surgeon in the business and a hell of a nice man as well you are in very capable hands.

Hi Alex

I too was Amourried in Feb this year.

He has a fantastic team and the ward staff were brilliant.

Good luck

Hello and welcome.
I'm only 7 weeks post bypass so still just a learner myself, but there's loads of great info and advice on here.
Good luck

HI Ladies thanks for your replies its made me feel a lot better knowing hes a good surgeon. I shall be sure to tell him he has an internet fan club!!lol Do any of you ladies know when the next Salford WLS group meeting is and where abouts in the hospital?? i was so excited to hear that they will apply for funding for me that everything else the consultant said is a bit of a blur! I phoned the hospital and they where unsure. So im sure some of you ladies have been to it.

Alex
x

HI Ladies thanks for your replies its made me feel a lot better knowing hes a good surgeon. I shall be sure to tell him he has an internet fan club!!lol Do any of you ladies know when the next Salford WLS group meeting is and where abouts in the hospital?? i was so excited to hear that they will apply for funding for me that everything else the consultant said is a bit of a blur! I phoned the hospital and they where unsure. So im sure some of you ladies have been to it.

Alex
x

LADIES !!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Alex
x

The meeting is the 1st Wednesday in every month. It's on the 2nd floor of the Mayo building.

Sorry IRJ! don't want to offend anyone.:553:

omg ian I have seen it all now haha Let me kid u not I know him personally he is going to be lapping this attention right up haha
Alex.. welcome to wls and I hope you have an informative journey and if there is anything you need to know I am sure you will get the best advice help and support from here, everyone is friendly and reasuring.
I too had Mr ammouri at salford royal in October of last year it only took a couple of week for me to get funding but then I had applied previously and was refused but I appealed with support from other consultants from neighbouring hospitals that I attended, i was elated when I was approved ;o) from there on It took around 6 months for me to be going into hospital for the op. I have no regrets at all.
I wish you well and offer you my support ;o) x

Back