• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

anyone on Dr EL Hasani's waiting list at Farnborough Hosp ??

deeby

Hi
Im on Dr El Hasani's waiting list in Kent and was just wondering if there was anyone else on this site in the same position as me ??:wave_cry:

Me too... I saw Mr EH in July, attended the information session in September, a week later I was actually given an op date for 6 December at Chelsfield (under the NHS) but they then had their funding cut so I've been back on the waiting list since. I haven't got another date yet but they said it would be 6-8 months (that was in October). When did you attend your information session ?

Rose

i had mine done last may and had to wait 9 months.

hi
RoseA : i had my info session in December so ive got ages to wait yet , they said 12 months, seems like soooo long to wait , i feel like my lifes on hold till then !!
Lisa J : how have you found it all since the op, has it been hard to give up the stuff you love ?, im worried how i will cope mentally with no goodies, its such a 'part' of my life i wonder what i will do instead ?

Hi, i've lost 8 stone in 8months and it's the best decision i've ever made. If i'm going to be honest i havent found it a struggle at all. I always wished i was one of those people who you hear say 'oh i'm so full up' as before the op i never was but now i am one of those people. I used to be able to eat and eat and eat and never feel full but thats why i got into the state i was. Maybe im one of the lucky ones but i dont 'dump' and can it everything i ate before the op but just in normal quantities. As for missing the 'naughty food' i dont as i do have it on occasions for example instead of a bag of chips i maybe eat a third but then im full and satisfied, instead of 2 big macs i eat half a burger but again thats enough for me, instead of eating a bar of chocolate i eat a fun size milky way! Apart from trying to eat healthier what i eat hasnt really changed its just the amount that has changed considerably. Trust me the wait will be worth it and it will be the best thing you've ever done xxx

Hi Lisa
8 stone !!!!! well done you !! thats amazing !!.....
my problem is more about what i eat rather that quantities, dont get me wrong , i can tuck it away lol but i do get full, but even when im full i do still sometimes eat :s, i tend to eat naughty high sugar and high cal/fat picky stuff in the evenings as well as large portions. im really hoping this op will sort me out :)
xxDawn
xx Dawn

Hi,i had my op booked for the 5th October but due to emergencys was rebooked for October the 14th ,my first app was in kings college in Feb 9th ,wasnt that long as i thought :)cant wait,im anxious,scared at same time .:confused:x

I notice you had your initial appt at Kings College - you've transferred to Farnborough ?

Hi,i had my op booked for the 5th October but due to emergencys was rebooked for October the 14th ,my first app was in kings college in Feb 9th ,wasnt that long as i thought :)cant wait,im anxious,scared at same time .:confused:x
Hi Sylvia
Are you having tour op at Princess royal or are you having Dr El Hasani at kings college ?
I know how you feel about being moved to a later date mine was originally on 23rd Sept but due to the Mr El Hasani deciding to take a holiday they've moved me to the 7th Oct now grrrr, still, never mind its only 2 weeks and wont make much difference in the bigger picture,
Dawn xx

I had my initial date cancelled last year and then had to wait another 7 months... On reflection though, it did me no harm as I was much better prepared in the end.

I had my initial date cancelled last year and then had to wait another 7 months... On reflection though, it did me no harm as I was much better prepared in the end.
:O oh noooooo, 7 months !!!! you must have been absolutely gutted, that would be really hard, i would have been beside myself , you get yourself so geared up for it, how disappointing !!.
How long before your original date did they move it ?
Dawn xx

:O oh noooooo, 7 months !!!! you must have been absolutely gutted, that would be really hard, i would have been beside myself , you get yourself so geared up for it, how disappointing !!.
How long before your original date did they move it ?
Dawn xx

The reason it was delayed so long was that they had funds to do some operations privately at Chelsfield but a week after I was given my date they lost the funds, so I had to go back on the NHS waiting list.

first appointment was Kings College,than second one in Orpinghton and now Farnborough for all my appointments and opperation.

was only 10 days but it makes diference as i arranged someone to come from abroad to care about the kids,cancelled my part times etc etc.

The reason it was delayed so long was that they had funds to do some operations privately at Chelsfield but a week after I was given my date they lost the funds, so I had to go back on the NHS waiting list.
Goodness me , you someimes wonder if they know what they're doing ?? how can they just 'lose' funds , especially when those funds belonged to you ;)

was only 10 days but it makes diference as i arranged someone to come from abroad to care about the kids,cancelled my part times etc etc.
hmm thats a problem, we all tend to arrange evrything around it so its very hard when they change it all about as you end up feeling like youre messing people about, well i hope you get it all sorted and best of luck hun xx

Hi Ruth :D
how are you ? im doing great thanks got over the op really well and have lost 3 1/2 stone ( inc pre op) so alls good in my little hood lol :D
have you got a date yet hun ?
xxx dawn

NEW TO THIS

Hi everyone, i was at the doctors just over 4 mths ago and he said he wanted me to see mr s el hasani for possible weight loss help as ive been through a lot but ive been told i have a low bmi and weight loss need to most people he see's but he felt that as i have tried every thing else over the last 9 yrs with no luck and all the other probs i have its the only thing that will help be get a life back !

I have very bad pcos, i dont get ladys time unless medicated for a fake one, ive had 8 m/c and a failed ivf at chelsfield park so for us unless i can get rid of my flab the fertility group said we wont be able to have any children and they have taken us off the list as they cant do much else for us ! Also i have problems with my liver and out of breath a lot when i have to walk far or up a flight of stair's which isnt normal for the weight i am, im 5'1 and flip from 12-14 stone, BMI goes from 33.7 to 35.6 , dress size 16/18 so i know this is a long shot but with out it im only going to get worse and i think my doc wants to try and get me the help now rather then later ! Plus for any of you know about pcos i also have most of the main issues as well as a couple of rare ones which only loosing weight will help ease or maybe even no longer be a problem , at least thats what my doctor has said !

our 1st app is at kings tonight at 18:10 and im very worried he will say no ! If he does i dont know what i will do ive already been in tears all weekend just thinking about it i find it so hard leaving the house so its a long trip for me to go even if its only 30-45 mins away in traffic, i cant even find the dam letter but i called this morn and she said its 1st floor and easy to find , i hope so as i wont even go to the shop and now im going to a hospital and no clue where about other the 1st floor, 1st floor could be the size of my est last thing i want is to end up with a panic attack and in the a&e instead ad then get told no your too thin !

I would add the info at the side like some of you but i dont know how just yet sorry, i will try n work it out !

i will be back on and post what they say tonight or tomo !

leanne

Back