• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone on the waiting list at derby

How many times have u been cos I only had 2 appointments and then had to wait for a letter to say if I had been listed and they said I had been accepted and went on the list on 15th March and to wait to hear from them and it said not to keep ringing up on the letter wich of course I'm itching to do! X

I really thought you would of had your date by now ive got mine for the 20th july and you were on the list a month before me

Yh iv been abit delayed because I put on 1kg so they gave me 1 last chance to lose it plus another 8lb and I'm back on 24th July so if all well which it will be because I'm trying sooo hard I will have a date straight away I should think

How many times have u been cos I only had 2 appointments and then had to wait for a letter to say if I had been listed and they said I had been accepted and went on the list on 15th March and to wait to hear from them and it said not to keep ringing up on the letter wich of course I'm itching to do! X

I had 1 app and was listed straight away and had about 5 apps since then iv got another in 2 weeks then should have my date

Omg I've just had a letter saying I'm getting nr top of list and to ring them with my latest weight and bmi and any new medical conditions/allergies medication . They said they still can't give me an actual date yet tho l. Was just wondering if anyone else has had this and how much longer they had to wait x

Hi Fee, yes I've had this. I had my letter at the beginning of this month and still not had a date. I have been to see the dietician and had a phone call from Jane the list controller and she just took some info but not heard any more since then. Fingers crossed we will all be soon :)

Ok well then at least I know I will be a month or so behind you I don't know if it works like that. I'm a bit shocked as I didn't think I would hear anything until at least Dec!

Exactly! As soon as I know when my date is, I will let you know :)

I am giving my pre-op diet a dry run, so to speak! I really need to shift a few pounds by the next time I go (which will hopefully be the pre-op) so I just want to see how it feels!

Yes that's a good idea! Where do you find out what you can have for a pre op diet as the hospital hasn't told me yet x

Hope you all get dates soon x

I havent long had an appointment with the dietician and she gave me the sheets there. I imagine if you havent already had it, you will be having one soon :)

Anyone any further along??? I spoke to PALS after still not hearing anything from derby since 23 may and they assured me my funding is in place and I will be place on the waiting list in the order Mr Ahmed gets them so should be on the list from that sorta date. Apparently he is notoriously slow with his admin ?

My op is on 25th of this month :)

the whole process will have taken around 7 months on the wait list. My first appt. was on the 15th of Jan :) x

Brilliant! Yeah you get added to the list from when your funding is approved. I would have been on the list for 7 months next week so hang in there hun! My op is on Sunday :eek:

Fantastic will be thinking of you, I should be thru in the new year then yippee prob just before Xmas knowing my luck but a new life will be a awesome prezzie x

Nope! In my first appointment I saw Mr Ahmed who showed me a video of what the surgery was like etc.

2nd appointment was just with the dietician (but this was about 6 months in) and got weighed.

3rd appointment was pre-op where I had MRSA swab, ECG, listened to my chest, bloods taken and spoke to the nurse. She did say normally you'd also see the physio and the anesthesiologist but they weren't available so I will see them on the day. I wouldn't say i'm 'nervous' but I do get a bit teary sometimes but I think that is natural from the hunger/thought of surgery.

The physio did phone me today though and just explained that For the first few days I should sleep sitting up or at a slight incline because of the pain you can get in your chest and some chesty cough you might get? They also said I would need to be up about 4 hours after surgery and every few hours get up and go for a walk. They said they would see me the day after surgery and explain everything to me there.

Well... its not long now! crikey.. lol!

Nope! In my first appointment I saw Mr Ahmed who showed me a video of what the surgery was like etc.

2nd appointment was just with the dietician (but this was about 6 months in) and got weighed.

3rd appointment was pre-op where I had MRSA swab, ECG, listened to my chest, bloods taken and spoke to the nurse. She did say normally you'd also see the physio and the anesthesiologist but they weren't available so I will see them on the day. I wouldn't say i'm 'nervous' but I do get a bit teary sometimes but I think that is natural from the hunger/thought of surgery.

The physio did phone me today though and just explained that For the first few days I should sleep sitting up or at a slight incline because of the pain you can get in your chest and some chesty cough you might get? They also said I would need to be up about 4 hours after surgery and every few hours get up and go for a walk. They said they would see me the day after surgery and explain everything to me there.

Well... its not long now! crikey.. lol!

Thanks for that breakdown I have a little clue about what's about to happen. Is it Dr Ahmed operating? How's the pre-op diet been? I keep trying a few days here and there on milk just to prepare myself 3 day was the longest tho and it was when I was under the weather too so was off food Haha. So excited for you Hun can't wait to see your threads xx

I've just had a letter this morning I've got an appt with dietician on 10th sept. Not sure if this is the pre op! I need kick up the backside cos I was doing really well but with days out ect I've put some weight on :0( it's going much quicker than I thought!!

Back