• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone on the waiting list at derby

I've just had a letter this morning I've got an appt with dietician on 10th sept. Not sure if this is the pre op! I need kick up the backside cos I was doing really well but with days out ect I've put some weight on :0( it's going much quicker than I thought!!

How did it go?? was it your pre-op??? I am in on the 8th of October to see the dietician i have been on the list since 30/05/13

How did it go?? was it your pre-op??? I am in on the 8th of October to see the dietician i have been on the list since 30/05/13

I went for appt at Derby royal 2 weeks ago now. Was to see dietician. I was actually really scared as my scales were telling me I had put 7lb on and I couldn't understand why as I had been really good the last few weeks. I'd had some slip ups but had done loads of walking and by the time I'd parked up there (what a nightmare!) I was almost late for the app! The dietician could see I was a bit flustered but i had actually lost 10lb! Well pleased! She gave me all the info for the pre op diet and post op info too. She said I'm looking at about December time for an op date. X

The operation went really well and I was on ward 311 the staff on there are brilliant :) my operation was on the Thursday and I was discharged on the Sunday. I was re admitted two days later with dehydration though but doing really well now and just starting my puréed diet. I found the liquid diet the hardest part specially watching everyone else eat what they liked,found myself crying in co op because you grieve for food,if that makes sense. But you really have to look at the bigger picture and it's so worth it in the end!! You will be fine! Who's your consultant?

I had an appointment last Sept with Mr Ahmed but since then I've just seen dietician and nurses. Just had my pre op appt come through for the 15th. Getting nervous now! How is your recovery going? X

I was asked to do the trial by a lady called Emma she's lovely! I agreed to take part but was chosen to do the hospital pre op diet and not the other x

Yes Emma is lovely I rang her a few times and she really puts u at ease. I did the replacement diet was very hard going. But I lost 14lbs. She was with me as I went under anaesthetic and really helped take my mind of how nervous I was x

Yeah she was with me too! She was great! Well done on loosing 14lb that's brilliant!! I'm almost 8 weeks post op now can't believe how fast it's going. How're you feeling?

I'm 4 days post op still a bit sore but pain killers help. Got quite a bit of lightheadedness did you have the same? I'm just managing water peppermint tea slimfast shakes although think I prefer the build up they gave me in hospital so have got some of that now. How did you find it in the early days? X

Early days wee a nightmare for me I was re admitted with dehydration at one point as I could only manage two sips of fluid a day!! And also couldn't tolerate the slim fast,the ones they gave me in hospital we're much better! Yeah I also felt the light headedness but I think that's due to not getting enough goodness etc I won't lie the first month or so is really hard but you have to look at the bigger picture that it will all be worth it in the long run! And just cause it was bad for me doesn't mean it will be bad for you! I've lost nearly 5 stone now and starting to feel a bit better about myself. Keep drinking the peppermint tea! I suffered really badly with trapped wind up until a few weeks ago! X

Thanks loads for your advice! X I'm managing water Ok I have so much medication I do sometimes wonder if I will manage them all on top of what I'm supposed to be having! I will just be glad when I'm a few weeks down the line. I don't feel hungry and I don't feel full either after soups / shakes ect it wouldn't bother me if I didn't have them although of course I have to! Well done your weight loss has been fantastic! X

I didn't get that feeling either when I was at ur stage and I was so worried that it handnt worked or that something was wrong! You will eventually feel hungry again,I've only they last few weeks or so started to feel hungry but it's not like the hunger you would have felt pre op! No1 can prepare you for post op only advise you! Follow your body! I'm on solids now and mentally it's challenging! As you have a few mouthfuls and feel full to the bottom of your throat,that's how you know you've eaten too much and generally I throw up when I get that feeling! If you wanna chat my email is [email protected] feel free to ask any questions as I had loads I wanted answering when I was at ur stage lol x

Ok Thanks sending ur email it will be great to have someone for advice who is in front of me. Did u ever go to the support groups at Derby on the Wednesday?

Back