• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone recommend accurate weigh scales?

emma-louise

my new life!!
And not too expensive..lol

I've got some basic weight watchers ones with digital display..and they do my head in!!
I have to move about on the floor as it gives out different reads..help!

There are some great salters ones for sale in Asda - ten pounds - I bought some :D

Oh and, NSV - I didn't have to check to see if they would be suitable for weighing a baby elephant :)

Are the salter ones accurate yve?
Have u ever seen if they are accurate enough against being weighed on a boots machine or hospital?
Don't want to waste Money in some misleading ones again..are you feeling a little bit better today?

These ones are seem to be very accurate - identical reading six times. All scales will vary a little so I don't worry about that as I track change and stick to one set of scales. But these seem very reliable and do body fat/water/BMI as well.
Blooming cheap too.

Feeling kind of better.

Salter digital ones are great! Like Yve says just track on one set x

I brought some salter ones from argos after seeing a thread on here about them, they cost me £39.99 and are no good for me... You have to stay perfectly still to get an accurate reading which I can't seem to do and it flickers between a whole stone :( But I have a pair of weight watchers ones which I swear by there exactly the same as when I go to be weighed with the dietician

Want my advise - ditch the scales, they rule your life !!!!

Maybe for some. But for others they can be a huge inspirational tool and I know that without the regular weekly weigh in that I do, that I wouldn't have that way of tracking or motivating myself either :)

I spent the last year denying that scales exsisted. Then when I realised that even the clothes I had were getting tight I finally stepped on the scales again I was horrified that I had put on a stone.
If - when- I get to my target weight I will have to weigh myself regularly as I can obviously deceive myself. I never want to put on that much without being aware of it.

At the moment I think I need to wait myself once a week to make sure I am heading in the right direction.

As is often said on this site, everyone has different ways of dealing with things. The important thing is that we find a good way for us.

I wouldn't be without mine. Denial is not good for my weight!

I'm afraid I did do exactly that 'ditched the scales' and it cost me 10lbs of gained weight.
I don't want to bury my head in the sand...

I'm with Kat. I don't weight obsessively, once a week, routine as clockwork. And if its not great news, I assess what I'm doing and if its just my pattern I keep going. If there's more to it that gives me the opportunity to assess where I'mg oing wrong and what I need to change.

Back