• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Apologies for swearing but....

WitchInWorthing

bloody st georges hospital in london .... bloody idiots! got funding approved and referred in Jan, got told assessment in feb .... then march .... then when I phoned the woman who makes the appts was on holiday (yeah, fair enough but bloody hell!) and then when I call her again she tells me one of the surgeons has left and I will be lucky to get an appt in the 3rd week of april. bloody stupid bloody lists bloody people bloody fat...... grrrrrrrrrr!

I am so frustrated and disengaged with the process .... one girl who was referred at the same time as me picked chi and she was bypassed last week. chuffed for her, but still cross at the same time.....

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

oh and sorry for not posting for a while - mucho going on and little free time.....

Awwww that must be so frustrating, hope its sooner rather than later xx

hope you get in soon and good luck

Great to hear from you again Witchy! Was worried about you! Sh*t that you've not reappeared with good news, obvs. Man!!! I feel for you. I know your head was so in the zone, don't let them get to you. Sadly, it's just another day's work for the system - but for us it is of course a new life. Hugs a million sweetheart. As I say, great you are back on the forum - and everything crossed you get 'processed' asap. Love and light xxxxx

I had my appointments with dietitian and consultant surgeon at the end of jan.. They said that my case should come up for discussion on mdt meeting in around one month... Still waiting for my case to be discussed at one of their mdt meetings.... Almost 3 months passed. no information or explanations... At least you got some more information.. I called the hospital twice and they just keep saying give it 1-2 weeks more...

Good luck anyways! Hope you will get there at the end! And a year after your surgery will be just laughing about it all. I trully wish just the best for you.

swear away love ... its fine we understand your pain.

So frustrating to be told one thing then later told a different thing. Maz71 v is right - lucky its funding and not out of your own pocket.

It is frustrating, but please stick with it.

I've had constant and regular delays and changing of the goalposts but am finally approaching the finish line (or should that be start line). Starting in 2007, it took me two years to get my first hospital appt. Then I was told it would all be done and dusted within 6-7months. Consultants left, GP's left, funding changed, initially they outsourced the actually op to Taunton, but then they decided to train someone to do it down here. I moved house 3 times during all this. My weight yoyo'd as I went through all the frustration and set backs, and periods of thinking 'sod it' It's never going to happen. I wrote to the PCT complaining and finally got funding in 2012. Changes happened at the hospital again. I had my last appt with dietician in October last year and was told that I would finally go on the list. Then nothing. Three weeks as go, I got a call with a date for the op. I am so excited.

What I am trying to say is that you have to stick it out, it might seem to take an age and having to wait longer whilst people constantly contradict themselves is not easy, but if I got there after 7 years, a few more weeks is nothing.

I really feel for you being messed about so much over such a life changing situation, I can only imagine how it plays with your mind & emotions.

At the other end of the spectrum I have been 6 months from initial GP referral to op date next week & feel it has happened too fast to get my head round, I have just been swept along with it all, dawned on me on day 2 of LSD that I will never have a full "adult" plate of food again, I felt I hadnt said goodbye to my plate properly (if that makes sense lol) the KFC advert upset me last night too & I dont even like KFC :/

Fingers crossed for good news to come your way very soon xxx & Good Luck!

I don't mean this offensively but I agree with an earlier reply. I would give a lot to be in your position. I don't have access to any NHS funding at all (in Northern Ireland) and I am stressing about covering the full cost of surgery myself.

Financially it will be a huge strain but I keep reminding myself that this will be the best money I have ever spent.

Please be patient and thankful that you have funding. Good things come to those who wait and it will all fall into place when the time is right xx

Big hugs Witchinworthing :) ..

I do understand how frustrating it is as i have been throught the St Georges Waiting system and it gets frustrating as you see everyone going in quicker at other hospitals.

Hang on in there, your time will come and it is
definately worth the wait ..

All the best

Nicky x

Back