• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Appt with Plastic Surgeon on monday

When i had my gastric bypass there were loads of things that should have happended that didn't, like seeing a dietician...I managed to go from seeing the consultant for the first time to being under the knife in 11 weeks...that includes waiting for funding.

Mandy x

Oh wow, so it really just depends, doesn't seem like there is one straightforward route. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed x
How did you find the gastric bypass. My mum is seeing a consultant at the end of Marchof the band. Was it easy to get used to eating smaller meals? How quickly did your weight start to drop off?

Well I managed to lose 8st 2lbs in 8 months...the hardest part is the head hunger, your never really hungry but your head is craving foods and it is never healthy food it wants. My poison is crisps....and i can still eat them very well!!!! in fact i have been fighting with myself tonight over crisps, am feeling down and so the first thing i wanna do is eat :( I dont dump either which is a problem, i wished i would!!

Mandy x

8st in 8 months that is fab Mandy! You so deserve to get that tuck! KEEP AWAY FROM THE CRISPS!!!!! lol

:hug99:

Have a hug. Now go to bed with a hot water bottle and a good book (or a good man!)

Things'll be better on the morrow ...

Hi psl, a little....I contacted mya today and have an appt with a consultant on feb 26th to go private, hardly slept last night thinking about things. I dont want to fight the PCT, if they say no then no it is....am gonna go private instead. As im a student I need someone to co-sign for me, so thats my next step.

How are you today?

Mandy x

I really wish you good luck! Let me know what the consultant says and I will keep you posted with mine. I have hardly been sleeping, thinking about it all the time can't wait until the 4th March.

Hi mandy

I paid for my tummy tuck privately and though it stings to pay 5k for anything it really is the best money I ever spent. I'm delighted with the results and am getting my breasts uplifted this week.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Thanks Lou, I know once I get it done I will feel the same way as you, am hoping to get both the tt and boobs done at the same time. My parents are going to co-sign my finance so finger crossed within the next few month I will be in agony lol!!!!
Good luck this week and let us know how you get on hun!!!

Mandy

well it has been forever since I posted on here.

My GP told me I should wait and appeal and that's what's I have done, had an appt. with GP today who has now re-applied for funding from the PCT.

Will update again with the outcome.

PSL - Did you get your funding?

Mandy ~x~

PCT said NO! grrrr, she said I cannot apply till at least November this year as it will then be 2 years that I have maintained my weight loss, but still not guarantee to get it.

Will apply in November!

sorry to hear you havent managed to get funing Mandy, good luck with you continuing journey and dont give up hun x

Oh no Mandy so sorry to hear that. Keep fighting though, I think sometimes they want people to give in and then they wont have to fund! Good luck

Back