• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight on my stomach just won't budge!! Down about weight loss.

EmmaLouise81

Having a bit of a down day/night....I know I shouldn't as I have gone from nearly 25 stone to 14.10 BUT I feel like I have hit a wall. Maybe the initial buzz of having the op and loosing weight has just went as I feel compared to others I have not lost enough. (I got down to 22 stone on day of op on June 16th 2011)

I stick to the rules, I eat up to 1000kcal a day and I either walk, use a rowing machine and/or do pilates but I will stall for ges then a little movement. I think I started to eat too many carbs so cut back on them, I was a carb addict before but never eat pasta now and probably have one slice of brown bread a week....pushing the boat out another day I might have a pancake! I have even stopped eating potato (apart from 1 sweet potato a week) as it makes me feel sluggish.

Life is 100 times better than before but I guess human nature is we always want more....my arms and legs are shaping up well but being a 'apple' shape my stomach is my main problem, it just seems to be sitting there. I definitely have a good 4 stone to lose there alone!

In June I am a bridesmaid, had told bride I could not do it pre-op but after said I would, the other 3 girls range from a size 8 to 12 so maybe my nerves about that are just setting in! It is a funny old thing this bypass...love it, stick to the rules but if I change anything about my exercise or eating my body just shuts down and stays at the same weight!

Sorry to sound annoying, just needed to moan...people around me don't understand the mental side of things, thought I got over the doubt but I guess it will always be around and I have to accept I am a slow loser but I will get there in the end.

Thanks for 'listening'

Emma

Life is 100 times better than before but I guess human nature is we always want more....my arms and legs are shaping up well but being a 'apple' shape my stomach is my main problem, it just seems to be sitting there. I definitely have a good 4 stone to lose there alone!

I know the pain of being apple shaped and carrying it all on the belly (you might see if I upload some pre-op pics later today).

However, you have 2 more months before the wedding in June, you might find another 10 lbs or 15 lbs loss before the wedding becomes the pivotal turning point for inches suddenly disappearing off your belly.

In January this year I decided to give up bread before my op as I knew it would be difficult to eat post-op anyway, and the difference it has made to my shape has been tremendous ..... if you look at my 23 stone photos now you might think I was actually 25 or 26 stone -- I was *soooooo* bloated around the belly (pics to follow later, not the ones on my profile - don't look there and get confused!).

So giving up bread (completely) and as many other carbs as possible is (in my experience) good for trimming the waist line.

It has taken this (giving up bread) for my waist (now 52") to finally be less than my bust (now 54") ...... whereas a year ago both measurements were 60" -- I was just a blob with no discernible difference between my boobs and belly.

Best wishes with your belly battle !!!

When I have done low carb diets in the past, the rapid inch loss has been off my waist and tummy. So I would totally say that's the way to go for a little bit :)

Good luck! :D

Try to shake things up a bit, up your calorie intake to 1200 try swimming instead of rowing. I think our body's just get used to the same thing. Iam having the same problem lost nearly 12 stone since last feb but I just can't shift the last stone no matter what. So I've joined the gym and stopped anaylaising everything I eat to see if that works x

Dont be so hard on yourself look what you have achieved so far,a fantastic loss.Perhaps you like many of us are never going to be a size 8/10.We are all different.Dont compare make the most of your new shape and enjoy life!

Emma,
I feel your pain. I am having the same problem. I have an additional 16 pounds for the doctors weight loss goal, and 30 for my own personal weight loss goal. My mind has also not caught up yet. Everyone tells me how great I look, and that I shouldn't loose anymore weight. But personally I can't see the difference. If the scales had not changed I would think I was the same.

Sometimes when we up our exercise & are trying to use more than we take in our bodies think hang on we're being starved lets hang onto our stores & you stall however with perceverence it realises this is the new norm & gives in letting go of the weight. No doubt I'm preaching to the converted but it's a possible reason, drop the carbs, up the fluids & the exercise & you may kick start things again.

You haven't mentioned above, but do you drink enough? If so, maybe you need a week of something very different to what you normally do - like a high carb week, or milk diet, or something just to nudge your body out of complacency.

Hi Emma I had my op 20 th August last year and i was 22 stone on my opday, I AM NOW 16 STONE 4. So yoiu ahev done well I don't know if i will get down to where you are in the same time range, you have done fab, I have just said on another thread that at ww they used to say eat lots of different things to what you usually do still restricting amount and low fat etc, just try different stuff its worth a try because the body doesn,t like the same old things it likes changes, and if you like me, i ate healthy before the op and exercised the only thing different before was portion sizes and alcohol. So we have to work harder to lose it. But we will only get to where our body is comfortable I was 13 stone before i fell pregnant with my 1st born and thats 25 years in November gone I would be happy at that weight, will i get there i don't know. watch this space, don't beat yourself up try something new xxx

Thank you everyone, really helped to hear from you all. I do drink the amount I should but goingto kick it up a gear...I am a creature of habit so maybe I need to change up th foods I eat. Going to write a list of different food and change my exercise a little...see if my body just needs a good kick start again...thanks everyone!

Good luck chick :) xxx

You will look amazing so don't worry, however if you want to target your waist you need to alter your excercise and ensure the core specific ones that you do already are being done perfectly or they can have an adverse effect, id watch you tube waist reducing excercises and have a crack at those (work wirh a weighted medicine ball would be good) and failing that a wast wittler or corset for the big day will increase your confidence xx

Back