• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

are you reluctant to get rid of the clothes a size up thats 2 big 4 u ?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
ive got rid of all my bigger sized clothes as ive came down the sizes, sold em on ebay and the cash has been very handy to buy me new smaller sized ones, but ive always been wary of getting rid of the size up to what i am at the time. its like a security blanket of "what if" syndrome, what if i get fat again way of thinking. ive parted with everything thats too big for me exept the size above what fits me at that point in time.

am i alone with this way of thinking or does any one else think like me ? i cant seem to shake it off now even after 4 years plus x

liz xxx

Liz I have always hated shopping for clothes so mine would be no good to anyone else because I wear them out and only replace them when they are totally knackered lol. Maybe if we still had the "rag man" they be ok for him lol

lol gaynor we still have a rag man that comes around once a fortnight here, and i still dont understand what he shouts i just know the call it goes summik like this "hey no wey lumba" fk me wot lingo is that lol :eek:

lol gaynor we still have a rag man that comes around once a fortnight here, and i still dont understand what he shouts i just know the call it goes summik like this "hey no wey lumba" fk me wot lingo is that lol :eek:

I'm convinced mine shouts 'BIG BUM' lol

When I first moved here I was convinced that there was some nutter who went round the streets shouting in a megaphone. It took a few weeks of being a bit freaked out until my boyfriend told me it was the rag and bone man! haha

Hi Liz,
at first I thought i can't afford to replace them IF i get big again ... then I though i'm NEVER gonna let myself get big again and they all went to charity except the largest pair of trouser I had (which I kept to remind me never to go there again!!!)

I am the same. I get rid of the bid clothes but the size above I keep. The main reason is that I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe every time I go down a size, and the size up I can still wear (even if it is loose).

At the moment I haven't thrown anything away but my bigger sizes are packed away ready to go to my sister.

ive got three sizes in my wardrobe ive got my size 18-22 post cambridge diet ive got 22-24 some 26s and 28 mostly jeans as these dont stretch i find matalan do fab leggings normal ones size 22 but they would quite easily fit a 28 so roomey a bargain at £5 so im at breaking point too many clothes and to cap it my mum brought home a bag of clothes that a lady from work had and no longer fits her cause of weight loss size 18-20 so i have all sort i have enough to start my own clothes shop!! ill have to ebay it at the end of the summer!! to make room for new ones!

I shall love to get rid of all my big clothes EXCEPT my coat. I got it from Elvi about 4 years ago and its matt black PVC with grey fur inside. Waterproof AND warm! It even has a big hood. It looks really lovely and is lovely and warm even in the snow. I shall miss it. Marion xx

I shall love to get rid of all my big clothes EXCEPT my coat. I got it from Elvi about 4 years ago and its matt black PVC with grey fur inside. Waterproof AND warm! It even has a big hood. It looks really lovely and is lovely and warm even in the snow. I shall miss it. Marion xx

Me too! My lovely grey winter coat came from TK Max it is Aquascutum. 100% wool and I love it - but it is already rather big. x x

I hoarded my old big clothes for a long time too, but have slowly given them up to the charity shop as i was fast running out of wardrobe space, i've also found that i cant get away wearing baggy clothes anymore as they dont fit right now my belly has gone, trousers too big slid down and i find myself alway having to pull them up, so i buy and wear clothes that fit rather than baggy.

Hiya. I got rid of my clothes, bags of them to the charity shops as I was losing, except some t-shirts and jeans. Found that I just bought basics to put me on for another month, didn't go mad in spending. Through winter l managed with 3x jumpers and 2x jeans.

What I do regret is not keeping anything. I gave all my clothes to my mum. I've struggled with the new me, Some people couldn't understand how I felt. I knew I had come down from a 22/24 to size 10 but I just couldn't see it. So I'm sure my mum wouldn't have been upset but when she was out one afternoon the other week, me and my sister went down to her house and I tried on some of my old clothes. Took the camera with us. It was good for me, as they were personal to me. Had a good blub, not that I missed them but l finally realised how much I had lost.

hi, this is the 1 top i kept from when i was at my biggest and then it was tight on me, i filled every inch of it, its a size 28, im now a size 14/16. :)

click on the thumbnails below...

Attachments

• big top.JPG
    big top.JPG
    478.7 KB · Views: 34
  • big top (2).JPG
    big top (2).JPG
    459.3 KB · Views: 33
Wow Liz, thats amazing!!

hi kate id reccomend to anyone to keep 1 item of there biggest clothing as this has helped me get through my journey, if i had down weeks where i hadnt lost any weight, i would go and put that top on and it always put me in a more positive mood as it was always to big and it gave me the spirit to carry on in a positive light as i dont ever want to have that top fit me ever again xxx

:eek:Oh my god ........ I didn't know you wore glasses :eek: :D

Nice top too ;)

yup i certainly do, i try to go with out them but cant see alot lmao :eek:

i hate wearing the bloody things they make me look like such a nerd :mad:

Last edited:

i also kept my big pink fleece dressing gown as it gets really cold here in winter time, i wrap it around me its far to big 4 me but it keeps me nice & warm on a winters night as im always cold since i lost weight x

Back