• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why are NHS procedures (such as WLS) considered free?

No way. As I said - people give to society in all sorts of ways and the vulnerable must be provided for by a civilised society - as well as those directly who give so much care but have a great reward in a child's developments - no matter how slight or big.

I sometimes feel bad that the NHS spends far more on my disability than I put into it (remembering a lot of my taxes go towards horrible wars and roads I don't drive on etc.) Although the whole Postcode lottery thing upsets me - those of us that need help should receive it.

Best wishes to you x
:clap::clap::clap:

I would have been very happy to have had my operation on the NHS. I too have paid vast amounts of tax/NI but I was earning a very good salary so no contest. I first saw my GP in 2007 about wls. Well 2009 arrived and still no wls despite satisfying the NICE criteria and having co-morbidities. I went privately as I had a problem with my heart in April this year and decided that enough was enough. I don't think it matters NHS/private as long as we all get to where we'd like to be.

Back