• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Asking GP for referral tomorrow.

Excellent news Sam. xxx

Great news Sam, I think you will get it just got to pursue it fiercely and prepare for a wait as they often say maintain for at least 2 years but there are ways and means!!

M

Thanks all. Ive got to try my hardest not to get my hopes up, but I know what Im like so if I get carried away, please bring me back down to earth!

M you are going to be my plastics inspiration so I am relying on you for a blow by blow account! No pressure!

Yay, he sounds like a nice guy, fingers crossed xx
Can I be REALLY cheeky please? Would you be willing to share a picture of your tummy with me please? Even if its not public, in a pm or email? I know that this is realllllllly cheeky but I always wonder if my tummy is moderate or bad and if yours is considered to be bad enough for referral for surgery then I would be very grateful to be able to have something to compare it to.
I realise that this is a HUGE request and I will totally undersand if you say no...but if I dont ask Ill never know. I will quite happily send you a picture of mine in return or even send mine first.
Steph xx

Steph, I dont have a pic of my tummy at the mo, but I will take one over the next couple of days and forward it to you.

Congratulations Sam, here's hoping you get a big fat yes!

My friend is due to have hers soon and is hoping they'll fix a hernia and do the tummy tuck at the same time xx

Thanks Julie. Will keep my fingers crossed for your friend.

I have been brave and popped a couple of pics in a private album as Ive had quite a few PMs this evening asking to see them. I will only leave them there for a few days as Im really out of my comfort zone knowing they are online, but the album is set to friends only.

I know people will prob say it doesnt look too bad, but it does to me and its really hard to capture in a picture just how bad it is.

Anyway, take a peek if you want to. x

Sam, years ago i used to resent the skinny minnies who came to weight watchers, really narked me that they have everything and were now taking my 'fatties' club too. But someone pointed out to me that although they were thin they felt unhappy with how they looked...

It might be someone has big ears (like my Trev) or a funny nose, it doesn't matter what it is. If you're not comfortable with it then you just aren't comfortable. You don't need to explain to anyone your reasons.....

Oh and my friend is guaranteed the tt, but doesn't do anaesthetic well so is hoping for both ops at the same time :) xx

Fingers crossed for you Sam, I hope that it goes all the way and you get your plastics. Your GP sounds lovely and supportive. I am at about the same stage as you and am sort of considering plastics and will be interested to hear about your journey. x

Woohoo... Have just had my letter come with a date for my consultation with the plastic surgeon.

Its on Mon 4th Oct at 2pm, and the consultation will take place at my own GP surgery which is great. The Surgeon I have been referred to is Mr Titley from Selly Oak. Anyone any experience of this surgeon?

Good luck with your plastics Sam... you have done so well with getting to this stage xxx

Great news Sam. Will he apply for funding for you?

Thanks all.

Charis, Im no expert, but my understanding is that here in North Birmingham the process is that your GP refers you to consultant and it is the consultant that makes the decision about what needs to be done. ie, if the surgeon says yes then that's it. if it turns out different though I will of course update so that others know what to expect.

Back