• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Attitude... how's yours?

Hi Neen
I just want to thank you personally for all your threads and replies to others. You are so thoughtful and kind and wise, and really help everyone.
You are a real inspiration to me and many more on here.
Thank you and keep on being you xxxxxx

well thats me out then im never Positive all ways down : (

Neen,
I just wanted to say thank you, this thread for me is certainly true, i have been on diets before and they haven't worked, and when i was told about the pre-op diet i thought oh no what if i don't lose anything.

But a bit of positive thinking oh what i wanted for the future, and how i wanted to look and i am feeling at the moment very positive and the diets is going well, also I am so looking forward to my op now wht it will bring for my future.

I must also say this site makes me feel positive everyday x

Hi Jan! Thankyou for joining the thread xxx And thanks very much for such a sweet comment x I really appreciate that ! I am one of those daft devils that never takes her own advice enough but trying to change that. I often wish I would have spent more time perusing this forum before my op ...Unfortunately did not really have the time to make use of all the info before my surgery, but definately have felt that this site has helped me get a grip and stay within some sort of control many a time. I do genuinely like to offer help as and when I feel I have anything of relevance to say and it's clear, looking at the majority of people here, that we all so deserve the change and the rewards that come with getting our lives back. So many people have been putting enjoyment of life on hold or hiding away because of their weight issues. Really good sweet people who need to now get out of the rut and start really having some fun and valuing themselves.
I hope that we can all muck in together and continue to share the support and experience xxxx Huggles!! And how fantastic ! You are so close now! Can't wait to see you start loosing loads and loads of weight and feeling more confident x

Now Lianne..that sort of talk is only going to get you a smacked bottom
You have a thread today about hormones...well there's a big clue eh? I am the same with my pmt..I have really crappy dark moods and yes it does feel like everythings gone to crap and you will never succeed etc.
Yeah those days will keep popping up but we have to change how we view them. You know (and at this precise moment I totally accept that you will disagree with me) it is totally and utterly within your capabilities to change how you react to this. This will pass, you have been through a looooong many years of being overweight and being dragged down emotionally and physically by that. We all have! What you can do is decide that however sh*tty a day you're having right now...you are not going to waste your time and energy letting it get you down..it won't ALWAYS be all doom and gloom if you decide that actually you DO want to be happy and you don't have to dismiss positive things just because of a crappy episode. Why would you want to chuck any more valuable time away now that you are on the way to that new you inside? I can see three fantastic reasons for thinking positive by looking at your reply....your fab kids...look how gorgeous they are, and what a fantastic fit fun Mum they have to look forward to...racing round with them...I can imagine them all running around with the slim you beaming and laughing now, all having a brilliant time.
The ticker showing how long since your op...bloody hell woman you are bombing along like no-ones business...I'm so jealous!!!!
AND the ticker showing your weight loss....seeeeee!!!!! Actually had a good look at that lately???? EVER lost that much that quickly before? HMMM?? WELL???

I just want you to know that OFTEN I have bad days...like when my kids are attacking the teachers or days when I am scared how they'll cope if I die early...will they ever have a normal life? get jobs etc....I could spend all day crying if I thought too long about what may go wrong but in the meantime , there is life..whizzing by....I am still a fat little dumpling and I'm 42...still can't drive or swim and still have aggrophobia...but FFS I am NOT going to let any more self loathing interfere with being happy most of the time.
There are a lot of things I wanted to do that won't happen now BUT I am not going to just throw my hands up and stop trying!!!
I am so much more grateful now of what is going right and MAKE myself think positively about the good days..and there are so many more of them now that I have decided to react more positive and find the good in even the most worrying and depressing days.
It's practise , eventually you make yourself believe it...we made ourselves believe the crap and self doubt so we can do the opposite. It takes effort but it does work xxxxx

Hey Tracey ! Your diary shows just how much you have been through and that makes your current determination so admirable! Well done hunny!!! You HAVE to really launch yourself into this whole thing just forcing yourself to believe you can do it....gradually it begins to feel possible..although there are many times at the beginning you can't picture yourself being slim..as you just keep doing what you're meant to be doing...not throwing in the towel when things look hard..then you will find that you can do anything you put your mind to....the days when you want to eat the wrong thing ...don't beat yourself up..just say "Oh I obviously needed to do that today" and think no more about it...one blip won't hurt...what WILL hurt is thinking OMG I failed , I'm sh*t I can't stick to it...now I must be the human hoover because I can't do it...bla de blah...that's not making anything better!
So I just wanted to say well done lovey! You keep positive and focus on the slim you (not the fat ...focus on fat body hangs on to it) Program your brain to help you become slim by picturing yourself slim all the time...even get a photo of your head and stick it on a body the size you want to be at goal...carry it with you...whack it on the cupboard or fridge! This will be you soon...why not? If you do the work and put in that consistant effort then there is NO reason in the world why you can't be who you want to xxxxx Big Hugs xxxx

Hi Michelle, I think however you are able to get out of that self destructive mindset , it's just brilliant to be able to put all that rubbish behind you. I started doing spell jars about 10 years or so ago and later found out that cosmic ordering/positive thinking etc are pretty much the same basic principle. People will be dismissive of it but really it is so simple. Be more positive, react to what happens good or bad in a positive way and life will be sweeter. I'm glad you are open to it and I know it will be a huge help to you as you go through the process of surgery and losing weight and keeping it off. I'm sure a lot of people who regain after surgery are not believing they can keep the weight off or changeing how they deal with difficult situations. After all, if you always do what you always did..you'll always get what you always got....or the chinese definition of insanity(as far as I know)...doing the same thing over and over and expecting it to turn out differently!!
Thanks for joining and keep visiting xxxxxxx

I wanted to re-new this thread because I have been wobbly for a while but I now have new faith in myself and a better attitude towards my band!
It is open for anyone as before , but my bander friends really need that push to know they can achieve success and they are totally capable of working with their bands to change habits for the better.
We have a great tool and we can change our unhelpful past behaviours, we just have to stop convincing ourselves that it's too difficult or being afraid that we can't do our part and the band will fail us.

Fear is what is crippling our efforts and keeping us in old destructive but strangely comforting and familiar old eating habits and ways of thinking about ourselves.

So I am bumping this thread to help banders and anyone else who wants to read it, as part of our battle against that comfort/emotional eating reflex that stops us from being free and healthy xxxxx

Positivity does help us to keep going, I'm all for this... a great thread.

Love and hugs all Angels xxx

Absolutely... best foot forward Everyone.

Love you all xxx

Neen, I've loved your relaxation links... and they are so soothing in times of need... are they on the forum anywhere Angel?

Love and hugs xxx

They have been really and truly helpful precious and a great idea to circulate in whichever way.... thank you again for those!

Hope you are having an easier time at home too precious with all of your recent excess stress and anxiety...

Love and hugs always xxx

Thanks Bev! Had a bit of a rough weekend with the youngest... booted me in the face during a tantrum and put my neck and shoulder out of action for Sunday and most of yesterday.
It sort of goes with the territory a bit!

What I hope I never do, is no matter how rubbish I feel, I certainly don't want to drag anyone down with me. The aim of this thread is still to encourage a hopeful attitude and not be defeated by life's ups and downs x

Of course Angel and it's a release for you and share your strength and sparkle, I fully understand... it's still hard to deal with tought times with our kids though and I do hope your injuries are easing now... the inner pain is something which is so much more difficult to deal with.

Always at your side, love and hugs precious xxx

Always been a bit afraid of getting out of breath......sounds silly but true. useful having a couple of dogs though and living on a hilly moor. I just have to get out of breath now and again but it beats going down the gym.

Back