• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Goal Setting!

Neen

WLS Moderator
Thought this might be helpful xx We have a long road ahead so anything to ease the journey !
These are some wise words from Jillian Michaels http://www.jillianmichaels.com/?xid=nl_LosingItWithJillianMichaels_20110401

You can't achieve success if you're not moving toward something. Think about your ultimate long-term goal, and then break it down into less overwhelming mini-goals. Then find some incentives to help you stay the course. What kinds of goals am I talking about? The ambitious and attainable ones.

First: Think long and hard about what you want. Make sure your goals are actually things you want to achieve, not what society dictates or what your family or friends want for you. Ultimately your life is yours and you must live it for yourself. I know you might be thinking that's selfish, but so what? Sometimes being a little selfish is a good thing, especially if it enables you to take care of yourself.

Second: Remember, goals are not inflexible roadblocks meant to make you feel badly about yourself. If you don't accomplish a goal exactly on schedule, so what? You can't predict what life is going to throw your way — but you CAN choose the way you react to situations that come up. That is where your power lies. If you fall off the wagon, just get back on — no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Third: We all have to be realistic when we set our goals. I'm 5 feet 2 inches, and I have a stocky build. I am never going to be a petite little waif, no matter how hard I work. I also want to make a difference in the world, but something tells me I probably don't stand a good chance of running for president. Instead, I set goals that are realistic and productive. I am 5 feet 2 and stocky, but I am going to be the most fit 5-feet-2 muscle chick I can. I might not be president, but I can teach people how to be healthier and happier through fitness.
Make sense? The bottom line is that goals provide direction. They help bring a focus to our lives so that we can live our dreams — no matter how big or how small they may be.

Thank you Neen - that's going on my fridge x

Yeah ! I love Biggest Loser Australia too. Shame our shows aren't as well done...think they need to offer better prize money and make it a bit more dynamic...though I am not keen on the sob stories and game playing bit..the weight loss is what should decide who stays in..not the temptations and so on..

Even so it is fantastic for making us realise that if some 400lb person in terrible health can exercise safely and effectively lose weight , so can we ! There's hope for everyone

Yeah, of course they are isolated for the show and it's a brilliant opportunity for them. I like how they show the people who got voted off at home and how they fit in the exercise and so on around work and daily life.

I think you're a good example of this because although you have work and family to sort out.. you are doing your food well and you also have made time to fit in some exercise!!! That's what is impressive, is not letting anything stand in the way of becomming fitter. xx

I know my original goal is to get too 10 stone. At the moment every stone is a goal too me.....Best decision I ever made was too get this band done, I dread too think how I would be now if I hadnt of had it done.....perish the thought !!! (yikes) anyway onwards and upwards, cant keep looking back in the past , the futures the way forward xxx

Must be amazing to be so close to it xx

It does hun, but at the same time it feels so surreal. Its like running a marathon but I cant quite reach the finishing line ( even tho I know I will get there) Hope that makes sense......its like going on a journey and never knowing how long its going too take or when you will end up there.....but you know it will........:D

She has some very good advice and she knows what she's doing regarding weight loss for people who have the odds against them! Now all I have to do is be brave enough to have a crack at the 30 day shred dvd....have the oxygen mask on standby!

I got the shred DVD after seeing a post somewhere that it is really good. I will not even be attempting it until some time next year:D. I might just make sure it plays ok and look at what the routines are like.

tranquil x

Back