• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

As a reminder of myself to keep me focussed when I feel like I've not come far enough, I put together some photos as a comparison. Maybe others who also (myself included!) feel their losses aren't quick enough might find this tactic really helps you see how far you've come! If you do, post yours, too!

Wow what a difference, well done!
I'm with you I find putting them side by side really helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Wow what a difference, well done!
I'm with you I find putting them side by side really helpful!

Thank you!

It really does help, the side by side thing! :)

Defo thick black tights needed...they are a bit wobbly now. Which is a shame because they were a bit of an assert 30 years ago lol. I was all legs and boobs. Now my legs are wobbly with hangy bits at the top and I could tuck those monster boobs, which look like spaniels ears, in my knickers. Lol

I can cope wi all that as clothes cover it, but my neck and chin are awful. When I have paid this surgery off, I would defo consider a chin Job

Defo thick black tights needed...they are a bit wobbly now. Which is a shame because they were a bit of an assert 30 years ago lol. I was all legs and boobs. Now my legs are wobbly with hangy bits at the top and I could tuck those monster boobs, which look like spaniels ears, in my knickers. Lol I can cope wi all that as clothes cover it, but my neck and chin are awful. When I have paid this surgery off, I would defo consider a chin Job

Yep I have already decided that my arms need the chop now that they congratulate me every time I move. Also the boobs need some attention too! I think I'll leave my stomach until I've had children but get it done after that!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

How are all the August surgery bods getting on?

So im just over three months post op and am very pleased with the results. I have lost just about all my excess weight and am now 9st 3lbs.
I have worked out the foods i like and the ones i dont. Fried food is now a no no along with ice cream and beef! All these things have been vomited up!
I am still struggling to get over 600 cals a day but am doing ok at getting a litre of fluid a day, sometimes more.
I have been on my first long haul flight to the USA, that was fine, apart from throwing my beef up...never eating on a flight again..i looked like a bulemic !
I even managed to lose weight on holiday, a first ever on holiday in 36 years!

I have enjoyed reading everyones diaries to see how we are all getting on..the ups and downs.

My goal for xmas in 9st. I dont seem to have had a stall yet since about 3 weeks post op and have been losing between 1-2 lbs a week.

I feel alot colder now, ive never been warm blooded! I havent bought new clothes yet, apart from the odd pair of jeans, as im still losing, once I hit a plateau I will update my wardrobe.

I hope everyone else is doing well...including those who dont seem to post...I hope you are all well.

Hey All,

I also wanted to stop by to check in!

I think we have done fantastic, like Karina, i hope everyone that isnt posting as regular is doing fantastic as well!

I have went from 294lbs (21stone) to 241.5lbs (17.25stone)

I have had a couple stalls which were frustation, 1 gain of 1lb which came of the next week and had my last band adjustment to 3.5ml in 10ml band which seems to be ideal and has increased my losses, limited my portions to the correct amount they advise.

I still have not had caffeine since mid july...diet is ok, cant manage rice, makes me gag! not had too many issues, just making sure eat slowly!

My next longhaul is May 5th to Las Vegas, so although i upgraded my seat, I shouldnt, fingers crossed have any issues with seat belt extenders!!

xx

Hi everyone, I just thought I'd check in and see how you're all doing?

I had my sleeve done on 23rd August. I've done really well with the weight loss but I've also had some trouble with regurging and sickness.

I've now had two barium swallow tests and an endoscopy and they've discovered that I have a stricture (narrowing) at the bottom of the stomach (which has confused me as I assumed this would be at the top).

I don't know what the treatment will be but hope it will be soon as it would be lovely to be able to eat meat, bread and chips etc without throwing it back up!

All that aside, the weight loss is fantastic! I've gone from a size 46H bra to a 36HH which blew my mind! I'm also in size 20 skinny jeans and they're a bit loose!!!

I'd love to hear everyone else's experiences so far, good and bad, especially if you've also had food problems.

Sorry to hear you've had some complications, I hope they can be sorted quickly and simply for you!

I've lost nearly 80 pounds since I met with my surgeon (10 July, op was on 11 August), and at my 4 month checkup a couple of weeks ago, I'd lost 40% of my excess weight since I started with them.

My size 20 skinny jeans are getting rather roomy, too! Far cry from the size 30 that I went to hospital wearing!

Here's a photo of me yesterday, on op day and 1 year ago. I still can't believe the difference!

Attachments

• 18-12-2014-dates.jpg
    18-12-2014-dates.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 29
Hello all..well I have started the New Year at 8st 13lbs...let's hope this remains a good year for either further loss or maintaining!!

Happy New Year August surgery bunnies, good luck to you all....

You are doing great Sharon too..I think by the end of the year you will have mega results, this time next year you will be half of yourself...you are doing so well! X

I was 11st 13lbs today. Better than over 15 when I started for sure and it's great you hit that stone barrier yesterday too Sharon xxx

Back