• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

August 2014 Surgeries

Kar8858

Yeh im intrigued to know how they have done and why they dropped off. It's a shames! Oh well onward for 2015

lauren25

Sorry I haven't written in ages! I have popped by to see how your all doing regularly, just been super busy to sit and write something!
I have now lost over 50% of my excess weight! Which I am thrilled about!
I have been living in the gym although I had a very relaxed xmas and new year and wasn't in the gym or strict with my eating! Although I do have to remind myself I probably ate a 1/4 of what I would of done last year.
It's now Monday everything I do must start at the beginning of the week, I have my gym bag packed for after work and have already browsed the fridge to plan my meals out for the day to ensure I meet my protein and calorie target!
I now have two reasons to drop the other 50%!
I went to New York at the beginning of December and got engaged in turn this made me desperate to get my plastics done!
So these are my two reasons to work super hard this year!!

image-604750868.jpg

Glad to see everyone's doing good hope you all had a fab xmas!!!

{
ColorModel = RGB;
Depth = 8;
HasAlpha = 1;
PixelHeight = 48;
PixelWidth = 48;
"{PNG}" = {
Gamma = "0.45";
InterlaceType = 0;
};
}

lauren25

Also I went to a fancy dress party as a ninja turtle, took a picture half ready and a family friend showed her mum!
Her mum had to ask who it was!
Happy dance!!!

image-4169818944.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

lauren25

Thanks everyone!!!

Feel like today all I've done is eat to ensure I meet my calorie of 1000 the dietician recommended and my protein intake of 60g!!
For someone who couldn't stop shoving food in her mouth less than 7 months ago I've hit a wall and im sick of eating!! I don't feel hungry so could quite happily not eat for the day! ( I know I can't do this)

Simple things like trying to bump up my protein by eating ham I couldn't even manage half the three slices Id given myself!

shell-

Congrats on your loss and also on your engagement!!

I am a bit concerned as I have not lost any weight for three weeks, in total I have loss 63 pounds (4.5 stones) since 1st August. what can I do to get pass this stage.? I can't do much exercise due to severe osteoarthritis in both my knees and lower back, however I have started to go for a walk at lunchtimes to get away from my desk and get some fresh air, although I can't walk very fast. I am eating between 800-900 calories and approx 35-45 grams of protein per day. Any suggestions?

Kar8858

Hi tranquil, it's hard if you are limited with mobility, I am still eating between 600-700 calories a day but we are all different! Hopefully your weight loss will kick start again so.
Can you do any upper body exercise or water based activity?

lauren25

I am a bit concerned as I have not lost any weight for three weeks, in total I have loss 63 pounds (4.5 stones) since 1st August. what can I do to get pass this stage.? I can't do much exercise due to severe osteoarthritis in both my knees and lower back, however I have started to go for a walk at lunchtimes to get away from my desk and get some fresh air, although I can't walk very fast. I am eating between 800-900 calories and approx 35-45 grams of protein per day. Any suggestions?

I also stalled for a number of weeks, my team said its really normal to stall around this time and for a long period of time!
I would suggest upping your protein I aim for 60g per day at no more than 1000 calories but rarely achieve 1000 on average it's 700/800

I find my best way to get my protein in is by using chicken as its low in fat and high in protein.
And for some reason find the ore cooked chicken pieces in the Ham section easier to manage. I just use them in my cooking now and add veggies and a bit of seasoning almost like a fajita chicken!

Hi tranquil, it's hard if you are limited with mobility, I am still eating between 600-700 calories a day but we are all different! Hopefully your weight loss will kick start again so.
Can you do any upper body exercise or water based activity?

I can do water based exercises but I have not ventured near a pool yet, it's so cold and dark after work that all I want to do is come home and wrap up in front of the TV! I must motivate myself to go although, the thought of getting into a swimming costume feels me with dread.

Kar8858

It is a pretty pants time for swimming with the cold I must say.
Im sure the loss will start again soon, please keep us posted.

I also stalled for a number of weeks, my team said its really normal to stall around this time and for a long period of time!
I would suggest upping your protein I aim for 60g per day at no more than 1000 calories but rarely achieve 1000 on average it's 700/800

I find my best way to get my protein in is by using chicken as its low in fat and high in protein.
And for some reason find the ore cooked chicken pieces in the Ham section easier to manage. I just use them in my cooking now and add veggies and a bit of seasoning almost like a fajita chicken!

Thanks Lauren, I am trying to increase my protein intake by drinking two upbeat drinks a day (they are 150 cals each with 20g of protein). Unfortunately since the operation I can't keep down any meats or chicken so I tend to stick to fish, it's interesting to read that most you are able to eat chicken, ham, and sausages yet I cannot keep these down no matter how slow I chew!
It goes to show that how we all react differently despite having the same gastric sleeve op.

Kar8858

Oh yes..im great with chicken and fish. My no no is anything deep fried...fish goujons for example...blllaaarrrrr

Anything too fatty gets thrown up again.

lauren25

I can't do sausages I eat skinless ones and they are tiny I manage one/two with roasted veg , and again anything fatty or oily makes me really sick

At last after 3 weeks of not loosing any weight I finally lost 1 pound last week and 4 pounds this week bringing my total weight loss to 66 pounds (4 stones and 10 pounds) in 23 weeks!
Not as much as I hoped as I wanted to even out to a stone a month but I am so happy that I have lost this much weight and I hope it continues until I loose another 90 pounds to reach my goal!:talk017::talk017: