• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

B Day tomorrow!

Helski

No, not birthday, Band day! Really trying hard not to think about it. Worrying that I haven't lost enough weight this week, only 4lbs, but tbh that is good for me. I really struggle to lose weight these days. I only had to follow the pre-op for seven days so there is a limit to what you can lose.

Oh well, no turning back now, just hope it all goes to plan and I can enjoy the rest of my life without the aches and pains I have in my legs now every time I stand up.

I've got a stack of soups in the cupboard but not sure when I will feel like having them.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the support shown so far and for giving me answers to my questions when asked.

:eek:

good luck Hun, you will be in good hands :)

The pre-op isn't about losing pounds, it's about preparing the liver for surgery :)

Will be thinking of you :) x

Good luck x

Good luck xx

Good luck Helski - When you feel up to it pm me ( I cant pm you because of your settings) and maybe we can meet up and compare notes) xx

Good luck :) with hard work and determination this will be the best decision of your life! Xx

Not feeling the best, as had a falling out with husband as he hadn't even asked what time the op was, he didn't know I was staying in overnight and so hadn't asked about visiting etc. I feel very hurt that he didn't care enough to ask anything about the op. So tears already today.

:( not a very nice start to the day. A bit insensitive of him. People can be so wrapped up in their own lives that sometimes they forget the people who matter the most lol. I would have sent him to the dog house too! Try not to be too upset, you'll be starting your new life soon, and trust me with the right effort from you you are going to LOVE it! Cheer up chicken xx

Good luck hun x

Not feeling the best, as had a falling out with husband as he hadn't even asked what time the op was, he didn't know I was staying in overnight and so hadn't asked about visiting etc. I feel very hurt that he didn't care enough to ask anything about the op. So tears already today.

Oh Helski - I know he has been indifferent and not wanting this, but this is really awful. I would be hurt too and I cannot believe he hasn't even asked. :rolleyes:

But this is the start of YOUR new life, a healthier life so think of the positive changes that are going to come your way. Good luck to you today!

How did it go Helski? Hope you're OK!

Let me be the first to say welcome to the loser's bench.

Shame your husband wasn't more caring, I hope he comes round. Anyway, this is about you, he'll just have to put up or shut up :D

Hi in hubby's defence he just doesn't know what to do its like he is emotionally stunted. He didn't come and visit me yesterday cos he wasn't sure I wanted him to!!

Anyway, the op went really well, surgeon said mine was the best liver he saw yesterday! Never thought I'd be chuffed about my liver! Hee hee!

I'm in no pain, just thirsty and bloated . Today starts the beginning of a new life! Thanks for your support x

glad to see you made it to the other side! hubby will come around now that he sees you have "come around" if you get my drift! good luck in your recovery.

Congratulations on having your surgery :talk017:

Welcome to banded life helski! Take it easy, rest lots and wishing you a speedy recovery. So glad all went well x

Back