• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Big Fat Regrets/New You Wish List

Big an Bouncy

What is your biggest regret to do with your weight?What is top of your wish list when its history! Mine are...
1.Not trying for surgery sooner.
2.Feeling free of my aches and pains again.
After losing weight recently I felt well for the first time in ages,no aches and pains or depression.Shame I cant keep it off.:sigh:

My biggest regret weight wise is that I got like this in the first place. I just wish I had gone forward for this op when it was suggested 18months- 2 years ago. My wish is to be able to do normal things like walk down the street and not have people staring at me. Ooh and to be able to buy clothes from a normal shop.

my biggest regret is putting the weight on in the first place never dreamed that when i was a fit powerful young man of 21 years playing rugby each week that i would ever get into this state,well i have and i never saw it coming,god if i knew what i know now , well thats the same for all of us i guess thats my regret letting it take over my life to the extent its has,
regards steve

Mine would be 18 years ago when diagnosed with arthritis in my neck and advised to stop weight lifting with heavy weights, I did so. That and Ginos Dial a Pizza moving in around the corner. It was a slippery slope into morbid obesity from then on

My biggest regret is living like this for 30 years with just the odd time when i lost some weight,
1.not knowing about this opp untill my daughter was attacked by a dog and she was advised to go for this surgery after losing the back of her lower leg.
Looking forward to:-
1.no more aches and pains
2.buying 2 t-shirts for £6 in tescos
3.wearing what i like instead of what fits me

Biggest regret is being convinced I was fat at about 11 and been dieting/yo-yoing ever since. One of my sister's pointed out that although most of us kids are the same build, I'm the only one who dieted and I'm the only one who has ever been morbidly obese. I don't think it's as simple as that as there were a lot of emotional/psychological things that happened with me as oldest that didn't happen to the others - I do see where she was coming from though.

I also regret never being happy with my weight when I was 12 stone - always seeing myself as this vast fat lard when actually I was size 14. So, SO self conscious. I was also v aware of my post-baby tummy - I was the only one of my peers at UNI when my son was little to have a child and so I was v conscious of a tiny apron I had. What I wouldn't give for that tiny apron now - I have a full fledged dress now!

Mine is getting pregnant and piling the pounds on while I was pregnant (6stone)

hi my biggest regret is putting the weight on in the first place i let my self down by not caring about myself enough to stop eating the cr*p i was eating, now i have a great life with my hubby and kids free off all the aches and pains i used to have,its great now i can just walk into a shop and buy what i like and not what i have to x x x

hi my biggest regret is putting the weight on in the first place i let my self down by not caring about myself enough to stop eating the cr*p i was eating, now i have a great life with my hubby and kids free off all the aches and pains i used to have,its great now i can just walk into a shop and buy what i like and not what i have to x x x

hi, i must say you look great, the bees knees.

Biggest regret is putting on so much weight and not taking control while I was younger.Also regret not having surgery sooner.

However so happy I had it done now, and 39lbs gone in 8 weeks I'm one happy bunny.

So no looking back , only gonna focus on the future.

OMG WHERE DO I START !!
1) Allowing myself to get this big although have had a weight prob all my life, hit 27 stone bout 7 yrs ago and still no changes.
2)Not pushing my gp 5 yrs ago when i asked to be referred and allowing her to fob me off time and time again.
3)Not taking my uncle up on the offer for private bypass 2 yrs in a row.
4)Wasting 5 grand 11 yrs ago on private gastric balloon, biggest waste of money it never worked.
5)To do the things with my son that he missed out through his life although he will be 18 :)
6)Not being able to be the mum i wanted to be as my weight restricted me so much
7) Want to re gain back my life after surgery, be healthy and get a job
8)Want to walk in a room and not be noticed as the biggest person in the room.

Being Voluptuous (love that word) can be an assett. My biggest regret was not learning sooner to embrace it and learning to love myself for me not what others expected of me. Being honest if it wasn't for the health problems associated with being Voluptuous I don't think I'd have considered the operation at all.

Hi everyone that is posted here.
Please please don't regret what you didn't do or weren't able to make decisions about all those years ago. In my eyes you are all absolutely incredibly amazing NOW. You are making very difficult decisions and have made difficult choices to get your health back to where you want it.

You should all be so proud of yourselves and we cannot change the really awful things in life that have happened to us, but what we can do is make damm sure that our futures shine through.

Have a fantastic week

Love
Rosie xxx

i look back at my life with no regrets, i am what i am because of what i've done, good or bad, but if i could of made better choices, i suppose i wouldn't be going under the knife, but hey ho, that's life,

on the other hand i do look forward to being slimmer, going into ''normal'' shops and buying clothes rather than the outsize places i go to or order from online, not needing to use the seatbelt extender on airplanes (and making a joke to defend myself), being able to buy a big motorbike and leathers (and not look like i've been poured into them), to be able to jog, just little things like that ;)

My biggest regret was not loosing enough weight for my wedding :sigh: in 2007, I looked like a fat hefalump :(

I didn't know about wls then and am raging :mad: I didn't do it sooner, I could have looked gorgeous walking down the aisle

But im not dwelling on it, there's no point

It's onwards and upwards for me now, the weight is coming off and it will be staying off, my days of depression and tents for clothes are over, im into size 16 now and cant wait to be into my 10/12's.....bring it on!!

my biggest regret was putting food before anything else in my life, i let it dominate me for so long because i was weak and always gave into it, now im in control of the food not it of me, i now eat to live not live to eat.

I honestly dont think I have regrets about how I was - that was me then and this is now how I want to be. My regrets concern choices I made in my life regarding men and people I regarded as friends.

Well, like most others my regret is letting myself get this bad in the first place!
Things I'm looking forward to:
Going upstairs on a bus without drawing attention to myself
Having the coinfidence to walk past a group of men without waiting for the inevitable snidey comments.
Being able to reach my feet in the bath! Have to get hubby to wash them at the moment!
Being able to just go for a long walk without planning in advance where to go to utilise every seat en route.
Being able to run for the bus.
Being able to walk to the doctors surgery without having the need for a shower when I get there cos of the sweating!
Being able to reach round 'back there' to wipe myself properly when I've done a poo - actually that's probably the first one I should have put.
Being able to find and wear some proper knee length boots - my calfs are way too thick at the moment _ I'm living in my croc shoes at present which is awkward when its raining.
I shall probably think of others later but that's a start!

Back