• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

D-day tomorrow

icey

My bags are packed and checked and double checked, I think i have everything!
taxi is picking me & my mum up @ 5am in the morning to get to Dolan park for 7am. No idea what time ill be going to theatre i just hope its not in the afternoon.
I weighed today and i have lost 12 pounds, I hope that is enough as i did struggle on the pre-op diet, 4 days in I asked if i could do the low fat diet as i dont drink milk anyway and it was making me feel sick.

I will keep you updated and no doubt keep posting on here tomorrow if they do keep me waiting, my poor mum will be up the walls with me :rolleyes: she will be glad to get to her hotel room.

Excited about my new life for me & my 3 kids and the hubby of course :D

Thank you all

Karen
X

Last edited:
I think 11 pounds is brilliant, and also it's more about your liver than about how much weight you lose... I'm sure you've done well, and good luck for tomorrow.

Thank you
I should be sleeping but I cant...Ill be sorry when the alarm is going off at 4am

x

i was like that the night before mine :) but good luck to you, and it really can be the start of a wonderful new life :)

The pre-op is about preparing the liver for surgery and not lb loss, :) so am sure it will be fine :)

Best of luck :)

My stomach did a flip flop for you when I read this.
Good luck chick! Try and get some sleep. Hope all goes well xx

Good luck today :)

Good luck x

I'm here, showered and waiting. Fourth on the list hopefully it will pass quickly, I could murder a drink of water, mouth is so dry x

Good morning and good luck.. I'm 10 days post op band from Dolan park and they really looked after me, was 3rd on Mr Li's list and went down about 12.30 was back for 1.15!!
I hope the morning flies and good luck for your recovery..

I hope all went fine hun icey and that you are safely back on the ward now x

I'm feeling ok, sore and it hurts like bloody hell to cough, sit on the loo etc lol
My mum bless has just left to go to her hotel, I am sitting here sipping chicken soup its tastes yummy.
Mr Hewin said my liver was lovely ..... I have a 14ml band with 5mls already added, wasn't expecting that. He made 5 incisions very minimal dissolvable stitches with glue, its only the biggest one that's causing the pain. I get discharged at 7am, then it will be very thought out manoeuvres like how the hell am I going to get in the taxi :/
Thanks for all your messages
Karen x x

Wow 5mls in already that's fantastic, the pain will soon get better I promise. Just keep reminding yourself of your long term goals and why you had op in first place.....pain is worth it. Oh and welcome to the world of post oppers! Lol :)

That's great icey :) It must feel good to have your bum on that losers bench. Here's to the new you! Xx

I didn't feel ready to be sent home the following morning... Back to the mad house. 3 little kids!!
I slept all the way home and then went to bed for 2 days.. Now day 11 and counting I feel tip top.. Good luck to u xx

Back