• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting prepared

triedeverything

Hi I'm having sleeve surgery on 21st and start my milk pre-op diet the week before. The thing is I only have my dietician appointment the day before the pre op diet starts and I'm starting to feel incredibly unprepared food wise about the whole food thing post op.

Forgive me for asking a stupid question but I see a lot of people mentioning mls - how do you measure mls intake? Once on solids I can weigh my food but not sure about how to measure fluids?

I'm veggie so forever wondering how I will get enough protein in and adapt to the drinking rules.
I am not telling my kids who are 13 and 10 and I was going to tell them I'm on a new diet as I didn't want to stress them about having surgery. They are perceptive girls so it may not fly but I really don't want to cause them any concern.
Ahhh stress

Hi.
I have your same concerns. I'll have my bypass in two days and am so anxious.
To measure fluids during pre op diet (I was on the milk diet) I used a set of measuring cups I had.
You can even make your own measuring cups by using paper cups. you can weigh one on your kitchen scale and then add 100gram of water. 100grams of water are equivalent to 100ml. Take the level mark with a marker or pencil and you have a 100ml measuring cup.
Hope it can help.
Good luck for your diet and for your upcoming surgery.

I'm not veggie but I felt the milk diet was a bit low of proteins for me so I asked my surgeon and was allowed to add skimmed milk powder proteins.

Hi I start my pre op diet on Monday for two weeks but I've an option it's either limited food or 4 slim fasts a day. I think I'm on the food option. Good luck to you x

Hi,
I use measuring cups too but you will find after a couple of weeks you just know what 150 mls looks like!
With regard to protein, you can use wey protein to add to your meals or flavoured wey protein to make drinks and shakes.
One scoop is 25g protein
I also found protein water 40g protein per 500 ml (1/2 ltr bottle) It comes in 2 flavours. I find it too strong so I dilute it by 3 giving me 3 bottles that total 1 1/2 litres and drink it throughout the day.. In this way I get loads of protein AND get almost all of my fluid intake for the day. All I have to do then is add a couple of cups of tea/water and I'm done..... Double whammy!!!
You can get protein water at my protein.com
Hope this helps
Good luck with your op
:) x

Back