• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Back after op

Mixman

I've been trying to log on for a few days now to no avail. Parents computer wouldn't let me on and my phone would, but wouldn't let me reply.

I saw the thread started by margaretmc asking about any news about me but infuriatingly, couldn't reply!! Thanks for remembering me though margaret :D

Had the op Tuesday, though even sticking religeously to the milk/yoghurt diet, I was still too large inside to have a bypass so Dr. Ackroyd did a sleeve gastrectomy instead. Everything seemed to go OK and I have been at my parents since Thursday afternoon getting molly cuddled by them!

Pain doesn't seem to be too bad, just 2 lots of soluble paracetomol today. What I am finding hard is trying to differentiate between what is pain, what is 'wind', what is hunger and what is full! It seems as though if I am feeding, I get a pain like indegestion in my chest rather than a full feeling.

Anyway, it's still early days, I keep having to tell myself it's only 5 days since I had a major operation! Walking is fine, steps are getting better but my butt cheek is still sore! Apparently the nurse told me that during the operation, I was stood upright strapped to the table that had been swivelled and my butt cheek must have taken the weight! Anyone fancy rubbing it better? :D

Mum is creaming lots of things for me to try. Prawns, philladelphia light and cottage cheese is my favourite so far. Oh I do feel like a guinea pig!!

Thanks to the few who voiced concerns xxx

Glad you are being taken care of and good luck on this stage of your journey :wavey:

Congrats on the op!! Hope everything goes well from now on!!!

You'll be fine. Just make sure you keep the pain killers topped up and don't let them run out. It does get easier day by day and like I said Di (Blondemoment) will give you some good advice. Are you going to have the bypass at a later date or are you sticking with the sleeve?

Hey Mixman Welcome to the Losers side and Congratulations on your Op, I'm so pleased everything went well for you!!
Rest up & take it easy! Good luck on your weightloss journey.

Hi Mixman
Welcome back hun I`m glad to hear everything went well for you . Just take it easy and let your mum spoil you for a week or so . I hope you have a speedy recovery now and the weight starts to shift for you . Keep us posted how your getting on . I think its fantastic how big the surgery is and people don't get much pain just goes to show how the human body works .Take care .
Margaret xx

Oh and if you need someone to rub ya bum................. ;-) Hahahahah!!

hey mix ! welcome back hunny xxx

Glad your feeling ok :)

Oh and if you need someone to rub ya bum................. ;-) Hahahahah!!

Wahayyyyyyyyy :D

Well I've had a shower this morning and injected myself and took my multivit and my small piece of weetabix and lots of milk to make it watery.

Mum and dad have gone out, I've told them to. I still kep feeling uncomfortable but I'm not complaining. I think I feel miles better than I thought I would do at this stage!

Thanks for all the kind words people :thankyou:

Hi Mixman

Firstly welcome back and to the loosing side.

As gaynor (thinkbethin) said i had the sleeve operation at the Thornbury on May 6th and i am happy and comfortable,there were a few complications to start with but all ok now :D.I am loosing a average of 2-3lbs a week which is all good,it maybe slow but it is certainly staying off. :).

I dont know if you work but i had 3 weeks off as i work 12hr day and night shifts and i needed to make sure i was feeling A1 and to get my eating routine back on track.

Just to add if you have any questions,i will be happy to help if i can.

Good luck and keep us updated.

xxx

Hi Mixman

Firstly welcome back and to the loosing side.

As gaynor (thinkbethin) said i had the sleeve operation at the Thornbury on May 6th and i am happy and comfortable,there were a few complications to start with but all ok now :D.I am loosing a average of 2-3lbs a week which is all good,it maybe slow but it is certainly staying off. :).

I dont know if you work but i had 3 weeks off as i work 12hr day and night shifts and i needed to make sure i was feeling A1 and to get my eating routine back on track.

Just to add if you have any questions,i will be happy to help if i can.

Good luck and keep us updated.

xxx

Thanks Di, much appreciated :D

I do work and also 12 hour shifts. I'm stuck to my desk all that time operating computers etc and can only leave for a toilet break etc.

I've not had 1 sick day in the last, at least 5 years, so I intend to be 100% before I go back. I have my team and managers backing also for this!

I'm not sure these indigestion feelings are problems or just everything settling down. I tend to get a pain between my chest if I've drunk, eaten or not, there seems to be no pattern.

It's been less than a week though. How long was it before everything 'settled' down and felt like before the op?

Thanks again xxx

HI Mixman, I too had a gastric sleeve on 30.06.09. I went out to brno where I had excellent care and treatment. A friend and I went together. There was also a girl from Alabama. WE were all fine and my friend and I were on a plane flying home on Friday 3rd July. Unbelievable. I still have 1 sore point in the biggest of the cuts, the point where they removed the stomach. Good luck to you. I have lost a stone already and am chuffed. speak soon. Jacqui x

I've been trying to log on for a few days now to no avail. Parents computer wouldn't let me on and my phone would, but wouldn't let me reply.

I saw the thread started by margaretmc asking about any news about me but infuriatingly, couldn't reply!! Thanks for remembering me though margaret :D

Had the op Tuesday, though even sticking religeously to the milk/yoghurt diet, I was still too large inside to have a bypass so Dr. Ackroyd did a sleeve gastrectomy instead. Everything seemed to go OK and I have been at my parents since Thursday afternoon getting molly cuddled by them!

Pain doesn't seem to be too bad, just 2 lots of soluble paracetomol today. What I am finding hard is trying to differentiate between what is pain, what is 'wind', what is hunger and what is full! It seems as though if I am feeding, I get a pain like indegestion in my chest rather than a full feeling.

Anyway, it's still early days, I keep having to tell myself it's only 5 days since I had a major operation! Walking is fine, steps are getting better but my butt cheek is still sore! Apparently the nurse told me that during the operation, I was stood upright strapped to the table that had been swivelled and my butt cheek must have taken the weight! Anyone fancy rubbing it better? :D

Mum is creaming lots of things for me to try. Prawns, philladelphia light and cottage cheese is my favourite so far. Oh I do feel like a guinea pig!!

Thanks to the few who voiced concerns xxx

Would you have the guinea pig fried, mashed or liquidised???

Thanks Di, much appreciated :D

I do work and also 12 hour shifts. I'm stuck to my desk all that time operating computers etc and can only leave for a toilet break etc.

I've not had 1 sick day in the last, at least 5 years, so I intend to be 100% before I go back. I have my team and managers backing also for this!

I'm not sure these indigestion feelings are problems or just everything settling down. I tend to get a pain between my chest if I've drunk, eaten or not, there seems to be no pattern.

It's been less than a week though. How long was it before everything 'settled' down and felt like before the op?

Thanks again xxx

Hi Mixman

I know what you mean about that pain,apparently its the top of your stomach where the oesophagus is attached and the way i looked at it was, maybe it needs time to settle down and re-adjust as the liver is also lifted out to access the stomach for the operation.But in answer to your question it was a couple of weeks until i felt "normal" again,but i will say that feeling has now changed into a "stop i am beginning to feel full message " if you understand me........
Just listen to your body and dont try to force that last bit down as i did at the beginning,as i was sick,but lesson learnt i dont do it anymore,i tend to eat little and often that seems to helps me thru the day and night especially when working :D.

xxx

Back