• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

HOW IT WAS FOR ME .......

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Everyone
Not sure where right place is to post these details so will just go for here for now. I know how helpful i found everyone's details of their surgery so here is mine.
Arrived at Spire Manchester at 8am having been told the day before that from being 1st on the list i was now in the afternoon. This was down to the fact that i needed my bloods re done ( last lot had passed their sell by date) and had to see bariatric nurse. I was fairly calm until then and the thought of waiting def was'nt helping my nerves. That said at 11am the nurse came in and said they were ready for me! Didn't have time to worry, down i went with a lovely porter to be met by the anethetist, it seemed like an age for me to go under and i remember hearing him tell me he was going to give me some more "sleepy stuff". I always was stubborn lol. Next thing i knew i was in recovery being driven mad with the itch from my nose from the morphine which lasted all day. I know i've seen people post on here saying that they did'nt even know that they had been operated on and i remember thinking how can that be? but now i know, i had to double check with Mr Ammori that he had done a bypass. Ive been lucky no real pain even the trapped wind has moved thanks to the tips i got on here. Had a bit of a cry on Saturday think it was delayed reaction to the whole process. Journey home was fine too just stopped every hour as instructed and stretched my legs. It's taking a bit of getting used to my head is struggling to keep up with my new body requirements but it's early days. Slight pain from a couple of my wounds but biggest pain is the headaches could you tell me if this is normal painkillers aren't really taking the pain away. A big thank you to all of you for your good wishes and the welcome home it really did help a lot xx

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It helps me knowing what to expect.

hiya allie and welcome back im glad everything has gone smoothly for you, are you keep sipping on water as dehydration could be a cause of the headaches.

welcome back and congratulations on becoming a loser xxx

liz xxx

When you are newly post-op it is always best to be cautious so if the head pain persists or gets worse, check with you team they are the ones who will know for sure if you should be concerned. That said if it is a dull thudding pain then it is probably something simple like dehydration, caffine withdrawl, sugar withdrawl or just a bit of the meds working their way out of your body. Try and relax, ask your partner/friend/family to rub your hands & feet and make sure to drink lots and lots of fluids. Take good care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery, welcome to the losing side.

Nic:p

Hi Allie - thanks for posting that - it's so reassuring to read other peeps experiences of the op. I hope your headaches go quickly. Do people often get an itchy nose from morphine???? Mxx

:D so pleased for you Allie, everything seems to have gone really well for you. I too had a headache for the first few days, its something i never suffer with. I think the advise given on here is excellent. I dont know about you but i am finding it quite hard to drink as much as i should be doing. Like you i just have a drink constantly near me and just keep sipping away.
Absolutely thrilled that everything has gone well for you xxxxxx

Congratulations on successful surgery. I hope I wake up needing to check if it's actually been done, because I'm pretty soft when it come to pain :)

xxx

thanks for sharing your story with us.:D
Nice to hear you arent in much pain, as Hayley said I hope I come out of surgery wanting to check if its been done and not that Ive nodded off and dreamt that its been done lol

Hi Allie thank you for posting your story. It really helps us pre-ops. Hope your headaches soon go and you continue to have a speedy recovery and looking forward to seeing the losses on your posts. Take care.

Glad you're back safe and well hun:DThe headaches are horrid aren't they:(Think mine was down to dehydration too:D

Hi Allie ,glad you are back and well enough to write .Hope the headaches goes soon Mia

Hi Allie - glad you back home safe and well (there's nothing like your own bed). It will take some time to get used to 8wks on for me and i'm still getting used to things so just relax and take each day as it comes - if it's a bad day then that will be one less day to go through and the next one could be a good one.

Try and drink as much as you can - it's harder than it sounds but it will help you, or even a nice ice lolly (helped me in the early stages).

Sending you huge gentle hugs and oodles of fairy dust to keep you well xx

Hi Allie, I'm glad it all went well. Perhaps if someon gently rubbed your temples for you in a clockwise fashion that might help the headache. Sucking on ice is also a good way of getting extra fluid down you if volume is a problem. I went to the Spire for my first group meeting today, isn't it swish? Hope you are feeling well soon.

Rebirth

Hey Allie - glad you are home safe and sound - aren't the porters lovely there? I had room 215 - where were you? I can only echo the advice of the others re the headaches but if you are worried always seek professional medical advise - I *did* have some headaches post op but mine just went away on their own.

Glad the journey home was not traumatic and wish you all the very best for the next stage of your journey - just remember not to do too much too quickly. ;)

Back