• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad Bad Habits

seawaves

I am feeling disgusted with myself this morning, last night as some of you may have seen on Facebook, i had a dumping session the worse i've had heart racing, sweating & little control over my shaking hands, well this was due to eating my daughters sweets, but do you know what makes this so bad.........i didn't even know i was eating them :eek: i was so engrossed in x factor that i was eating her sweets & not even tasting them if that makes sense it was only when she came in & said mum should you be eating those that i realised what i was doing :( the first thought that went through my head was oh they went down ok :break_diet: so i am so glad that a while later the effects of them kicked in as if they hadn't would i have had more today, the answer is probably yes :cry:, i can not believe over the last 7 weeks i have been to hell & back & i would still go back to old habits, so this morning Sophie has gone to play football (i couldn't even look at her this morning i was so ashamed of myself) i am now going to the gym to try & sort myself out, sorry for long waffle but there is a time & place for honesty & this is the place xxxx

hiya,

be good to yourself. yo've made a mistake, but it's not so bad honestly. we all make mistakes we have to learn from.

today is a new day.

take care

Awww Em... don't punish yourself... it's going to take time to change old habits... if you are back on track that is the main thing and don'g give yourself a hard time Angel.... there are times when you should be able to have an occasional treat in the future precious and take it steady, it's still early days.

Sending a loving hug as always Em... I haven't heard from you for a couple of weeks... was going to text you and see if you were ok... love you Em... xxx

OK fair enough - you erred and you've confessed and learnt your lesson.

But we're not robots hun. We've got years and years of bad habits to ditch - it wont happen over night.

And (for me anyway) one of the plus points of having a bypass is that I would dump and it would be a kick in the arse to remind me not to do it again. So your bypass is working for you!

So stop beating yourself up. You're doing well :D

(((HUGS))) We all make mistakes. I did the same one night with my eldest's Skittles and had the worst dumping episode which resulted in passing out on my tile floor and busting my head open. Trust me, I won't ever be making the same mistake again.

Pre-op this was my most usual way of breaking a diet. I would simply forget what I was supposed to be doing and revert back to old bad habits.

I don't do it now simply because I can't. I'm a sensitive dumper and I know it. I get cravings for sweetys, but I know the would make me really ill.

So do you now! Give yourself a break and be nice to you.

Hi Emma hun, please don't beat yourself up about it, at least you know you dump now. I wish I did, but don't seem to unfortunately, so it is going to be very hard for me to resist the things I love like chocolate and cakes etc. I have already had a few saffron buns over the months, but not every day like I used to :)
Thanks for your post on the other thread too. I must try and build myself up to get rid. Will let you know.
Take care, thinking of you xxxxx

Sending you a massive (((HUG))) from Manchester Emm, now stop beating yourself up and tomorrow is a fresh day :D XX

Emm these lovely people are wrong, very wrong. You should beat yourself up....lots. You should be absolutely and thoroughly ashamed of yourself......but only if its that, that works and means that you won't do this again ;)

Seriously none of us are saints Emm, well apart from me of course :D:D and even I've been known to have the odd Pringle myself LOL. :D

You read a lot that the surgery fixes our guts not our heads, and that is so true, its our behavior that is hardest to change and thats where lies the route to ultimate success. As the ladies have said today is another day, so put it behind you and use the way it made you feel in the future. Because if you do this again your going over my knee OK? ;)

Emm these lovely people are wrong, very wrong. You should beat yourself up....lots. You should be absolutely and thoroughly ashamed of yourself......but only if its that, that works and means that you won't do this again ;)

Seriously none of us are saints Emm, well apart from me of course :D:D and even I've been known to have the odd Pringle myself LOL. :D

You read a lot that the surgery fixes our guts not our heads, and that is so true, its our behavior that is hardest to change and thats where lies the route to ultimate success. As the ladies have said today is another day, so put it behind you and use the way it made you feel in the future. Because if you do this again your going over my knee OK? ;)

OOO what can I eat to get the punishment from Karlos! LOL :D

Em, you've learnt a lesson the hard way. You'll not be the first or the last. Whilst decorating I was really thirsty & went to have a swig of ice cold diet coke!! I had it in my hand then I remembered bout my bypass. Thing is I never drank diet coke before my op, my vice was diet lemonade which I no longer buy!!

Its all a learning curve for us ;)

Charis..behave yourself hes a married man, and I spotted him first ;) XX

Erh no he's not, but you're right you did see me first LOL :D:D:D

;) Good man.....I love a man who agrees with everything I say :D X

Oh I know my place ma'am, tugs forelock and backs away slowly LOL

Back