• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bad choice so soon after op

lamb_reader

I've been eating mushed food since Thuesday (three weeks post op) and doing well. No problems. But this morning I had TWO BITES of solid food. I chewed it well but I got really sick and vomited withing 15 minutes. I should have known better and I'm kind of embarrassed but hey, I need to be honest

Well done for fessing up. At least you have learnt your lesson. I'm sure you won't do it again. What was it you ate?? Xxx

Well draw a line under it. You hsve confessed. It's done now. You clearly knew you shouldn't have done it. So just forget about it and move on Hun.

All the best hun xx

I don't really know what to say. You obviously now know it was a bad idea. Figure out what made you do it. There is no way you should have tried toast this early on.

oh dear, you learned your lesson the hard way. I'm sure you wont be trying that again in a hurry. I added some chopped spinach with goats cheese to my scrambled egg this lunch time, to give it a bit more flavour and excitement.
Try to vary your meals and flavours then you are not getting bored and hopefully not tempted to eat something you shouldn't yet.
For dinner tonight I am going to have salmon with some hollandaise sauce. It mushes down well with a fork. I tried this on thursday and managed it well

im 3 weeks post op too and know how your feeling, im really eager to move onto soft/crunchy stage. if i get a craving for something then ill try and keep myself busy for about 30 mins then the craving passes. its when im bored that my mind wanders onto food.

Well my confession was a packet of walkers ready salted crisps. I was ill all evening and hubby told me at time not to do it. So got "told you so" all evening! Def wont be doing that in a hurry again

I did the same yesterday, had a carb binge, the first one since surgery. I felt dreadful last night, painful abdominal cramps, so lesson learned!!

Don't feel too bad about it - all done and dusted and learnt from.

I have a friend whose sister had a gastric bypass in the States a few years ago. Whenever she comes to visit she HAS to have fish and chips even though she knows it will make her feel ill. She then spends about half an hour rolling about on the floor in pain. Now THAT'S something to feel dumb about!! xx

Back