• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bad day for being embarrassed

moomoo1

well today I went for a ultrasound because iv been on a period for weeks and weeks which has left me anemic so thinking it would just be a vaginal scan I went in, but she couldn't see enough that way as my weight is now so high, so I had to shift my huge bum onto a wedge so I was nearly half upside down suffocating on my boobs she then pushed my stomach forward to be able to scan me I was like a floundering whale it was humiliating especially trying to get the wedge thing out from under me befor I could try to sit up :cry: :cry:im really beginning to hate myself

I understand completely. I'm about the same size as you, and have had more people sticking their head between my legs in the past 6 months than I've had in years!

I, too, had an ultrasound, and the wedge thing. Fortunately, the technician was really sensitive and kind about it.

Worst exam for me was having a smear without having stirrups (I'm originally from America, and lived in Switzerland for years before I moved here - both places use some version of stirrups). Having to try and lift my hips and balance so they could see in and do the smear...I wanted to crawl in a hole and die after that. :wave_cry:

I hope you'll have good news from your investigations. The good news is that if they send you for a hysteroscopy, you're in a chair with stirrups, and it is far more comfortable and much, much less awkward.

Best of luck with your health issues!

i had the ultrasound and wedge thou they had the wedge out before i got in the room so didnt realise it wasnt just usual procedure for constant bleeders

my issues started when the guy looked at me and asked if i was prgnant, told him no, he asked if i could be and i said no ive been bleeding for months, he narrowed his eyes, turned the screen to me and saidn " that looks like a gestational sack to me" and shooed me off to do a urine test

they came to tell me with a sad face that there sorry but im not pregnant after all it must be a cyst. well woohoo cos i was trying to work out how to tell my other half i preggers despite the fact ive not had sex lol

((((((((Hugs)))))))) moomoo

I feel your pain hun. I cringe inwardly at some of the situations I have been in. Last year at our local hospital there wasn't an MRI scanner I would fit in so docs opted for a CAT scan instead & I broke it! ....they didn't blame me as such but it broke down whilst I was in it so I felt a tad responsible. The week before that they had me performing great contortionist skills whilst trying to scan my heart. At over 27st it was no fun and I was mortified by the whole experience. I barely fitted on the little table I had to lie on.. Who am I kidding I overhung it! :eek:
Hope you get your funding soon hun. It's been the best thing I have done :) x

Back