• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bad day

vonny

Went to the homerton yesterday for my gastric sleeve with doctor agwar.
I was all ready sitting in my gown hair net and teds on i'd seen the anesesits and had some blood gases done. Got told i was first on the list and then he came round. The first thing he said was i have some bad news, i'd just been told that someone else had gone down first so assumed it was that.
Then he said i'm cancelling the operation :cry:said he hadnt looked at my file before and felt i would be better with Proff Manur he then said oh and you havent lost enough weight and that i wouldnt be coming back until April at the earliest.
Im absoultly devestated i was up at 4am getting the train to london it cost me an absoult fortune to get home as i hadnt booked in advance. I was on my own the whole time.
I worked really hard to loose the weight i had lost which was 1 stone in just under 2 weeks, stuck to that bloody milk diet to the letter. I went for my pre op on friday last week so they knew how much i had weighed and they were the ones who brought it forward i feel like ive had a golden ticket waved in my face and then snatched away at the last minute.

PLEASE BE WARNED the Homerton will cancel just before if they feel like it.
Im not going back there i feel so embarrassed:cry::cry:
Im putting in a formal complaint today

Oh!
I am so sorry to hear this hun , it must have been devastating for you,, this is the worst nightmare I cannot even begin to imagine how you must feel.

You must look on the bright side, they have told you that you will be going back and have not cancelled completely and you will get your day.
In the meantime get you complaint letter on paper and get it sent as soon as possible.
Wishing you well ,
lol.

:( OMG !!! thats absolutley shocking i cant believe they can treat you like that, i dont know what to say apart from im disgusted that they can treat you in that way, huggs to you sweetheart, id be putting a complaint in too x

That is just awful, you must be absolutely devastated! I'm so sorry and hope you have a loved one coming to comfort you. Keep your chin up and the time will fly by - sending you hugs xxx :grouphugg:

How truly awful for you and what a fiasco.

I can imagine some of how you must feel but certainly not embarassment. From what you say it's entirely their fault.

I do hope you get your operation soon.

Hi I'm so sorry for u I ad mine done there I was suppose to have a bypass but I ended Havin a sleeve. At least u will be with the top doc when u go back I just really feel for u hunny xxxx

I agree with Liz I think thats an absolutely disgraceful way to treat somebody and you should get a formal complaint started a.s.a.p. On a personal level I can understand how devasted you must feel and theres not a lot I can say to make you feel any better. Sending you some massive Manchester (HUGS) XX

You have been treated very, very badly and in no way should you feel embarrassed at all. They were the ones that brought you forward, so the blame is squarely in their lap.

Get your letter of complaint off to them.

I know it must be a huge disappointment, and I can't imagine how you feel, but if it means you will get the top man and therefore have more chance of success, it's only a matter of weeks to wait. If this means you will be safe the wait could be worth it.

They may review things once they get your letter so it may end up being sooner, and at least you have not been cancelled completely.

Virtual hugs to you.

thats absolutely awful vonny. I was sitting in my gown after flying from n.ireland to birmingham and i had mine cancelled but it was due to lack of beds which is kinda understandable during the winter. What they did to u is rubbish - they forget that they are messing with peoples emotions and dreams here. As someone else said, u havent been cancelled which is good. Just concentrate now on keeping healthy and preparing for the op.

hugs xx

How terrible for you hon. I hope that you do put in a complaint - you certainly have good reason. How heartless of them to get you there ready and waiting and then say no. I can't believe that the surgeon had only just seen your file too, surely he would need to be familiar with cases well in advance of operating! Also, surely, they could have said at pre-op that you'd not lost enough *although I think you have done brilliantly to lose what you have*! Hope that you get some good news soon - and that you're not delayed too long.

I agree with Novamay, its bl**dy disgrace too treat u this way, they should have realised at the pre op you hadnt reached the target they set out for you. I would put in a complaint too , this must be a new thing for homerton patients because 3 ppl I know had wls there and they didnt set them targets of weight loss, they was just told if u dont stick too the pre op diet we will know and for health reasons u will be closed up and sent home. Wishing u all the best and let us know how the complaint goes - Julie xx

Im so sorry lovey really i am, i cant understand why they could not do though...you lost the weight that they told you to, so how can they cancell for that.
Is he saying the other surgeon is more experienced to do you wls are what. What ever it is its disgusting and i am dreading something like this happening to me...i could cry for you love.
Have they told you to lose more weight before april then?
Please hold on to us all for all the support you need. Sending a bit Hugg to you xxxx

So sorry to hear about your dreadful day, They are totally disgracefil, id be complaining too,

Massive huggles xxx

That's absolutely appalling. He should have been familiar with your case before the op day for heavens sake. At the very least they should pay your travel expenses.

Vonny :( *hugs*

that is absolutely disgusting...you make sure you get your complaint in. You may even get an earlier date than April. And ask for compensation on your fair home, the stupid ******* :mad:

I know you must be feeling low hun but remember its not been cancelled, AND youve lost a stone!

Try and find the good stuff i say :)

xx

Vonny I'm so sorry. How horrible to have to experience this. And all by yourself too. Not nice at all. I'm sending you lots of hugs. xxx

Chin up girl, it'll be your turn soon xxx

Back